“Micro-Breakfast” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Expressway Drive, I-24 and TN-41/Hillsboro Blvd. (Exit #114), Manchester, TN   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Manchester
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Micro-Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When fully stocked, this Microtel's weekend breakfast normally has lots to choose from but they were out of almost everything. No plates, forks, or knives. Only spoons. Gravy, but no biscuits. White bread for toast, but no butter. Muffins (but only banana). Waffle batter so you could make your own waffles, but no syrup. A tiny bit of cereal left, but no milk. No OJ. Some bagels, but they were all hard and I wasn't about to eat a sausage link that had to have been sitting out just as long. Full trash cans and the stock room was left open. It was like the staff disappeared and left the guests to fend for themselves.

There was no one at the front desk to talk to about it so I just left.

Had to eat breakfast on the road. Great evening staff at front desk, but inattentive/M.I.A. staff in the morning. Breakfast was a huge reason I chose this hotel, so this was a major bust and left me cranky as I hit the road eating a gas station breakfast. Next time through I'll keep driving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
troy, il
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived around 10pm after driving 11 hours on our way back to Illinois from Florida. We were exhausted and happy to find a place to stay. We had 2 queens for $80.00. Beds were comfortable and room appeared clean. Shower curtain had mold growing on it and there was hair on the floor from a previous guest.

Next morning when we went down to get breakfast we were extremely disappointed. Mind you, this was more than an hour before they were to close it. They were out of almost everything. There were no biscuits for the gravy. They were out of utensils and plates. Only one yogurt in the fridge. The milk was out and the orange juice was out of concentrate so it was just orange flavored water. Both trash cans were overflowing. No employee could be found. When I went to the front counter there wasn't even anyone there. I heard employees laughing in the back so I rang the bell. I asked if there were utensils and the lady replied. Right over there and pointed to A man that didn't work there had found some under the counter and was restocking them. She laughed and said, We should put you on the payroll, sir. Then I saw another guest go back in to an area to get some milk and refill the carafe with a jug of milk. Completely and totally unacceptable. After several people commented to her about the breakfast she finally went over and started taking care of business. When a guest tried putting his garbage in the overflowing can, and couldn't he commented that he couldn't and she walked over and pushed the garbage down a little to make room for his garbage. Again unacceptable. Very unprofessional and lazy.

I can overlook alot of stuff but all of this adds up to a less than average visit. I mentioned to my husband that "its free, what do you expect" and he said, "uh no, they make sure that its covered in your $80" Excellent point. We probably will not stay there again or recommend this hotel to our friends or family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elmwood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family of five (two adults, three children) stayed here while traveling to Florida. I made an on-line advance purchase and obtained a fabulous rate. This no frills hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was small and after setting up a full-size rollaway, it was difficult to navigate the room without crawling on top of the beds. That's okay though because we only stayed here to sleep and shower. The breakfast was the standard continental hotel breakast consisting of cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. My only complaint is that there was ONE person covering the front desk and the breakfast area which meant that the breakfast items were either sparse or completely empty most of the time because the employee was unable to restock them due to checking hotel guests out. It surely wasn't for a lack of trying though as she was at a near running pace the entire time we were in the breakfast area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ROGER P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester? Share your experiences!