We arrived around 10pm after driving 11 hours on our way back to Illinois from Florida. We were exhausted and happy to find a place to stay. We had 2 queens for $80.00. Beds were comfortable and room appeared clean. Shower curtain had mold growing on it and there was hair on the floor from a previous guest.
Next morning when we went down to get breakfast we were extremely disappointed. Mind you, this was more than an hour before they were to close it. They were out of almost everything. There were no biscuits for the gravy. They were out of utensils and plates. Only one yogurt in the fridge. The milk was out and the orange juice was out of concentrate so it was just orange flavored water. Both trash cans were overflowing. No employee could be found. When I went to the front counter there wasn't even anyone there. I heard employees laughing in the back so I rang the bell. I asked if there were utensils and the lady replied. Right over there and pointed to A man that didn't work there had found some under the counter and was restocking them. She laughed and said, We should put you on the payroll, sir. Then I saw another guest go back in to an area to get some milk and refill the carafe with a jug of milk. Completely and totally unacceptable. After several people commented to her about the breakfast she finally went over and started taking care of business. When a guest tried putting his garbage in the overflowing can, and couldn't he commented that he couldn't and she walked over and pushed the garbage down a little to make room for his garbage. Again unacceptable. Very unprofessional and lazy.
I can overlook alot of stuff but all of this adds up to a less than average visit. I mentioned to my husband that "its free, what do you expect" and he said, "uh no, they make sure that its covered in your $80" Excellent point. We probably will not stay there again or recommend this hotel to our friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Inn & Suites has been voted #1 among economy hotels 10 years in a row with J.D. Power & Associates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Manchester
- Microtel Inn & Suites Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Microtel Hotel Manchester