“Trip to Tampa with 5r” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Expressway Drive, I-24 and TN-41/Hillsboro Blvd. (Exit #114), Manchester, TN   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
PACIFIC
“Trip to Tampa with 5r”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Truck parking was a little miss leading. Although we were able to park a full size truck with our 40 ft fifth wheel on backside of lot, it was not easy to exit when parking lot was full of cars. Fortunately, the tour bus of 50ft + left before us or we would not have been able to exit until he did. The room was very clean and stylish, but we heard the neighbor's tv all night and the conversations of people outside on the lot; surprisingly thin walls. We would return as cleanliness is most important to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was not busy yet the two people waiting to check in took 20 minutes. What's going on with that? Then the lady in front of me came back to say her room had not been made up.

The building is fairly new, 3 years they said so it was in good shape. My room was OK but had no fridge or microwave so it was not the best place for me to work or get up early.

The breakfast downstairs was average but acceptable. I did go to wal-mart to get my own tea. The price seemed a tad high for what I got but I was happy to have a room with the heavy rain. The check-in process is a problem and it seems they can't figure out which rooms are ready to sell. What will happen if they get a bus load waiting to check in?

Room Tip: make sure you get a made up room and it has all the amenities advertised.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Burlington, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very clean and nicely decorated. Very friendly and helpful front desk. Very small outdoor swimming pool, but well-kept and nice for a quick cool-off or a few laps. We were on first floor on the back side and had no problem with noise. We joked that it was a micro-hotel because we couldn't find it, only because their sign was so much shorter than other surrounding signs - it's right under a McDonald's sign, just off the main road. Good variety of restaurants close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We travel with a small(20lb) dog and like staying at your location,but I am a bit miffed at the $25.00 dollar charge for our dog. This charge has been less in the past . Considering my dog uses NO ammenities, has no breakfast and sleeps in his own bed, I find the fee too high! It is a pure profit enhancer at our exspense. I may have to look at Murfeesboro next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived here on Tuesday, July 31. We had reservations for a week and were given a room without the advertised refrigerator and microwave. We moved rooms. By 4:15 on Wednesday, the room had not been made up. The maid had gone home and I was told at the front desk that the manager would speak to the maid. I asked for clean towels and was told "you will have to bring down the dirty ones and I will give you clean ones." I was surprised at the attitude and asked why I had to bring down the dirty towels and she said she would switch them out, which is what happened. Upon leaving the hotel this morning, I asked if the room would be made up. The bed was made, clean towels, trash still on the floor, no coffee for the coffee pot and no fresh glasses (paper cups). The hotel has run out of items for the advertised breakfast and served soured milk for cereal. I thought Wyndham was better than this. When we arrived at this hotel the desk staff was sitting in front of the hotel on the sidewalk smoking. The parking lot in front of the entrance is covered with cigarette butts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelGM08, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I would like to apologize for the issues you endured during your stay. I am glad you have brought these issues to my attention. We have several new team members who we have been working with to improve. I will definitely be speaking with my staff regarding these issues to ensure future guests do not have the same troubles. We strive to meets the expectations of every guest. Thank you for your thoughts and review. We sincerely hope you try us again!
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a total of 19 rooms here for 8 days for the 7-8 year old State baseball championships in Tullahoma. Leeann and her staff were amazing. They went out of their way to accommodate our team and parents. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was always fresh. Best place to stay in Manchester. I hope we make the state Tournament next year so we can stay here again. Thanks again Leeann!

Lee McCoury
Elizabethton TN

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelGM08, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! My Staff and I were honored to accommodate you and your team for the week! Good luck, we would love to see you make it to state again (and we think you will), and of course we would love to see you all again!
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was recently in Manchester for a Little League Baseball Tournament held in a nearby town (July 13 - 20, 2012). When one of our coaches booked the rooms at this hotel, I must admit that I was a bit nervous for two reasons: (1) Microtel's as a whole do not have the greatest reputation as a franchise. (2) The coach was able to negotiate a room rate for the team at $49.00 plus tax, nearly half of what neighboring hotels were charging. Combining these two reasons, I was hoping for the best, but definately expecting the worse......man was I WRONG!!!!! I travel quite frequently and typically stay at Hampton and Holiday Inn's.....with those, you can never go wrong, I have to say that this hotel was definately comparitive with either of these hotels. The clerks at the front desk were absolutely wonderful, friendly, and more than willing to go way beyond what is typically expected of desk clerks. The housekeepers were friendly and always seemed to be happy doing a job that is thankless, which speaks volumes to a positive work environment created by a general manager who is obviously doing things right. The hotel was immaculately clean, modern, and very well maintained, and felt very safe and secure. The outside of the property was very clean and conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants. As a bonus, there were two days during the tournament where it rained non-stop which left us stranded inside of the hotel with 13 eight year old boys who were restless to say the least. During the time we were stuck at the hotel due to rain, the hotel staff opened a lobby meeting room for us to let the boys hook up video games and watch movies, truly a lifesaver to the parents!! In closing, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value in Manchester and I am sincerely grateful to the wonderful staff of this hotel for going the extra mile to make our stay very, very pleasant!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelGM08, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review! Microtel Inns & Suites have ranked the highest in guest satisfaction with J.D. Powers and Associates 10 years in a row! In April, the Microtel brand was re-branded to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, which opens up new avenues and standards for the Microtel Brand to succeed and regain it's good name. There are scattered Microtels with a less than satisfactory reputation, however, this re-branding with Wyndham will turn those hotels around with new standards and inspections. All that aside, we enjoyed hosting your team at our hotel. We always strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests! Good luck next season, we hope to see the team in the State Tournament and host them again!

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester? Share your experiences!