“My second favourite golf course in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Old Tom Morris in 1886, this challenging, historic course has spectacular views of the North Sea and goes almost straight out and straight back, with the angle changing subtly at each hole.
Ediburgh, Scotland
7 attraction reviews
“My second favourite golf course in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Brilliantly designed course in a stunning setting. Not easy and very challenging. Elevated greens which were copied by one of Dornoch's famous sons, Donald Ross, who later applied the principles all over the USA especially at Pinehurst, NC, and the area around it. Best menu I've ever seen in a golf club. Having submitted a critical review of Ganton in England earlier this year, I wish they could see how to welcome visitors by learning from this fabulous venue.

Visited November 2011

Chesapeake
14 attraction reviews
“Golfers delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and son in law love to play golf at the Royal Dornoch Golf Club and my daughter and myself like to eat at their resturant. The food is wonderful.

Kettering
“Always very special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I enjoyed my third pilgrimage to Royal Dornoch Golf Club and can only say the course was in brilliant condition for October, a great time of year to organise a visit.

It is hard to some up Dornoch but it is something very special and depending on conditions each round can be very different. The course is fair test of your golf ability and you can score well, however, once you return back to the club house from the 9th the course really shows it true championship status.

You are always made very welcome in the club house and the drinks, food and service quality is always consistently high.

Once you have visited the course you realise why you put up with the challenge of going to the top of Scotland with a smile on your face. I expect to continue my annual visit to a very special course set in a special part of Scotland.

Visited October 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Stunning Golf Course, Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My Dad, my brother and I travel to the highlands every September for a 5 day golf trip and normally play the Struie course at Royal Dornoch as part of this. However this year we decided we would play the Championship course and I am glad we did. Easily one of the best courses i have played with some challenging holes and stunning scenery. Was a little bit windy but this did not spoil our round. I would recommend playing Royal Dornoch to anyone.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“My favorite golf course in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Every golfer needs to pLay Royal Dornoch! But a warning--you can't play it just once and be satisfied.