“Absolutely love the place!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Normandy Hotel to your Saves list
Normandy Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Inchinnan Road, Renfrew PA4 9EJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
“Absolutely love the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Have now been 5 times to tribute nights and stayed over! Staff are outstanding, friendly and helpful! Value for a 3 course meal (which every time i could never have faulted) and bed and buffet breakfast is amazing! Some rooms are more up to date than others but all are very clean and for those that are moaning-dont know what you are expecting for what you are paying, if u want 5 star luxury go and pay the price for it! Entertainment is fantastic, tribute acts and the dj, and come to think of it so are the security staff! Will definitely return again, probably many times! Love it!

• Stayed January 2013
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Tribute with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the Normandy very soon.

take care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had organised a tribute night for my neice for her hen weekend prior to her wedding, I had asked the staff when booking if it would be possible to have rooms near each other, the staff were most helpful and accomodating. Some of our rooms were a bit tired and needing refurbing but the rooms that had already been refurbed were really good and spotless.

Staff at reception were most helpful with directions for a couple of our group who had managed to get themselves lost. They took the time to speak to them on the phone and direct them to the hotel.

The tribute night is excellent value and the food was better than we expected, all served very quickly and all meals hot on arrival at the table, considering there seemed to be at least 600 people attending the night I thought the service excellent.

The bar staff were excellent (could even remember our bar order)

Overall a fantasic weekend, would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back.

We are delighted to hear you all enjoyed our Tribute Evening. We strive to deliver the best customer service to all our guests. Your kind comments will be passed to our Teams.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again very soon.

best regards
renfrew
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have not been to a tribute night in this hotel for many years and I was very surprised at just how good the evening was .The venue was nicely decorated for the tribute band and the staff were friendly and efficient. I had the vegetarian meal it was great , roasting hot , no complaints from any of my friends and at 17 pds a head ! Who could complain? The tribute band Grease were entertaining as was the dj who had us dancing till two in the morning! Overall we had a great night and will be returning in the future .

Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back in regards to our Tribute Night.

We are delighted that you enjoyed this evening and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Normandy Hotel.

I will ensure your comments are passed to our Teams.

regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went to this hotel as a party of 10,on arrival staff were very unhelpful,we got to the 5 rooms we had booked into to find they were all DISGUSTING,dull,smelly,wallpaper coming off,tea stains,dirty carpet,filthy bath etc,the worst rooms I have ever seen! We have taken pictures of all of this.

We had booked a room in the hotel for our entertainment which in a whole was costing £250 to then find the staff sent the entertainer away due to health and safety reasons even though they we had it booked with them for months and they said we could go to her but they didn't think to get a forwarding address!

The staff are very very rude,unhelpful and at times can be threatening especially the security and the duty manager! A customer service course for each and every one of them wouldn't go a miss!
Apparently our group were causing them problems since we arrived as we complained about door keys not working,the rooms and the fact our entertainment had being sent away!! So basically you shouldn't complain to them!
800 people all hanging about to go into the tribute night, as you can imagine this is chaos and there was NO organisation at all,mind you the duty manager is too busy trying to find faults with people to evict them from the hotel!

In a whole I would never ever recommend this hotel to ANYONE!
We are currently waiting on a refund each to which we were told we would get £15 each,what a joke if we do not get a refund for tribute night,stay over and for our entertainment I will be taking this further I am sure the newspapers would have a field time with it!

• Stayed March 2013
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review,.

Due to liqour licensing laws & Health & Safety provisions, the management team and our security division as a whole took an executive decision to eject your whole party of 10 people from the premises, primarily to protect the safety & enjoyment of the 800 people on the night who sought to make a good night of it.

Your refund has been processed and I sincerely hope you take good care of your well being.

Kind regards,

Parminder Purewal
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was so excited to head on holiday & thought what the heck I'll go all out and book myself into this hotel the night before. What a terrible idea.

Arrived at the hotel and waited for 10 mins to be checked in. Apparently the reception staffs weekend plans were more important. FYI I dont want to hear about your plans to pull at the weekend. Once I finally was acknowledged, including the dirty looks as if I'd interrupted something my key was thrust in my face without any mention of where my room was.

Once I'd found my own way to my room I was highly disappointed. The room stunk of smoke, there was a cigarette butt on the carpet and the dishes were dirty. The wallpaper was stained & coming off the wall. I know £56 doesn't seem a lot but I'd have rather spent the extra cash for somewhere even a bit more habitable. I try to avoid chain hotels to support local businesses, but this is one business that doesn't deserve any help.

I made a complaint and the staff were rude, didn't let me speak to a manager and wouldn't explain the complaints process (I guess they knew it was about them!). The food was cold and looked like it'd just been thrown on a plate. Regardless I just went to bed knowing I was up early next day, but couldnt sleep for the noise. Got up early to have a shower & the shower was disgusting. Hair clogging the drain, bringing water back up. Felt totally disgusting for the whole day of travelling. Ready to leave thankfully and went to reception to check out and get a taxi number. Nobody to be seen, but I guess thats because a group of the staff were outside smoking. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash & go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PSPurewal, Front Office Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Can i please ask that you contact me further to discuss your feed back.

Karin Rock
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the third of March on recommendation from family. Our room rate was very good value at £56 including breakfast. We departed before having breakfast, but our evening meal was very good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The room was good, clean but it was over warm, even with the windows open. One main advantage is that our car is securely parked at the hotel and only £3 per night. They also provide a shuttle bus for your departure from Glasgow and will pick you up on your return. They have a sister hotel at Erskine that provides the same service.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to tahnk you for your feed back during your recent stay at the Hotel.

We strive to deliver the best Customer Service and we are delighted we have done so on this occassion.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the Normandy Hotel

regards
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

this hotel was nothing short of a nightmare. I travelled here with ten other females to celebrate a friend getting married. We all booked twin rooms. The rooms they show you on their website are nothing to what you actually get when you book (and theyve took your money).
The rooms are dated , dirty and broken. Wallpaper hanging off the walls, tv that doesnt work. dirty bath and toilet. Tea stains on the table. Fag ash on the carpet. HONESTLY DISGUSTING.
Also the card keys the give you are tempromental and rarely work, you tell the reception (two young girls smeared in make up and full of attuide) and the clean the card and tell you to try again. LAZY LAZY LAZY CHEEKY STAFF.
A few occasions we couldnt get in our rooms and the LAZY staff just kept saying "come down to reception".
The operational manager (blonde , late 40s) walks about the hotel drawing dirty looks and threatening people that her husband "works for the police".
During our stay we booked for the tribute/dinner. We had been told it was a really good night and were looking forward to it. When we went down to the main ballroom where everything was taken place-we were greeted with frustrated staff, long queues and alot of disorganisation.
We saw another door to the room and decided to go in that way as there was no staff about to tell us otherwise.
We walked through and next minute were chased by the operational manager shouting "hoi hoi". She was a embarressment. One of my friends turned round and asked what the problem was and how the so-called manager was ruining her night. the managers response was" I DONT GIVE A [--] HEN". Not a way you expect to get spoken to by an operational manager. She continued to point in my friends face untill i asked her who she was and told her not to ever point in someones face. She told us were getting chucked out of the hotel and said "im bigger and braver than you" which seemed rather threatening, we laughed it off that someone of her occuption could be so rude and retreated back to our rooms.
We were greeted by secruity guards outside our room telling us we had to leave the hotel completely with NO REFUND FOR THE ROOMS, TRIBUTE ACT OR DINNER.
DO NOT STAY HERE. WE HAVE WENT HIGHER THAN THIS SO CALLED MANAGER AND WILL BE CONTACTING THE POLICE IF WE DO NOT GET A REFUND.
THIS HOTEL IS DIRTY, DISGUSTING WITH A MANAGER WHO HAS NO SENSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY

STAFF A JOKE

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Kind regards,

Parminder Purewal

Been to Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!