“Buble Paolo Martini” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Buble Paolo Martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a night out arranged on 29/12 for my my return home to UK from the USA and what a great night it was. Meal was excellent, the party games were great fun running about grabbing items of clothing etc.I adore Buble and this was why we chose the Normandy. I have seen Buble perform live in the US four times and have to say the lad doing the tribute to him was superb and really nailed it with an amazing voice. We had a lovely night and laughed at the drunk paolo act too even though I didnt know the songs too well. Such a shame for the lady who had the accident but also my sincere praise to the guy who did the Buble tribute for the level of care offered to her, he really coordinated the medical attention she needed. well done and such a caring guy. Look forward to coming back for a real christmas night out here.
I

Room Tip: Get a room well away from lifts
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and myself booked in for hogmany ball ,very disappointed room was very small bed was terrible mattress should have been put in skip ,pillows brick hard could not sleep for kids running around during the night and adults shouting motown was on not good ,was here before at tribute night last year was very good but not this time had nicer room 233 last time ,room 243 this time not good lights also broken ,only good point food was nice also breakfast .

Room Tip: Dont get room243 ,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here the night before going on holiday and have to say it was excellent. On checking in our car was also checked in and then we were free to settle in. Our room was quite small but since we weren't unpacking more than adequate. We had dinner in the restaurant here and I was pleasantly surprised with the high quality of food we were served. The day of our flight we were transferred by the hotel minibus and on return you just phone the number provided and the minibus comes back for you.

I have also stayed here for a tribute night and would stay here in the future for stay and fly or indeed another tribute night. This is a very busy hotel where the staff ensure things are well run and the guests are well looked after.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Livingston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

8 of us booked 4 twin rooms in August for a Motown (hmmmmm) tribute night for a works night out. Arrived to find we had been given tiny double rooms. The one I was given had ripped wallpaper, a torn duvet and a broken light. Didn't bother to complain as we had already been told the hotel was full and we couldn't change rooms.
The dining room had us packed in like sardines! The first course finally arrived at 8.45. To say it was chaos was an understatement. The main was ok and the dessert was lovely when it finally arrived.
The price of drinks was ridiculous... 70p for a dash of lime! Seriously!
Anyway breakfast was great apart from the waiter whisking my plate away from under my nose when I still had a bit of black pudding left.
I don't normally give bad reviews but had to with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Close to airport. Comfortable room.
The food at the Rocco Awards was fantastic. The staff were professional, friendly and really helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the service from staff was excelent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Gullane, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked this hotel on a friend's recommendation as we had a very early flight the following morning, and were quite astounded by the value. Our experience was clearly very different from that of some of the reviewers. What were they expecting - The Ritz?! Reception was very efficient, and our room was both comfortable and spacious. We had an excellent dinner, with superb service (and if you book ahead you can get a good discount on the dinner price), but what makes this hotel such good value is that they throw in free parking for up to a fortnight. The only criticism is that although it is pretty near the airport, it's not all that easy to find! But it's well worth doing so!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room at the back
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at the Normandy as we had an early flight the next day from Glasgow and we took advantage of being able to park the car in a secure area for the duration of our holiday. The hotel is a bit dated and the lounge area is in serious need of being refurbished. The bedroom we had was small but adequate for our 1 night stay. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was good.
The problems however were on our return. We were given a number to call when we returned to Glasgow and the hotel would send the shuttle bus to collect us. When I called the telephone number the line had been disconnected - I tried several times but the line was dead. We were at a total loss as what to do so we decided to get a taxi back to the hotel to collect our car. On arrival at the hotel I told the receptionist that I was unable to get through to the number provided and she cheekily retorted that the taxi firm they had been using had let them down and they were no longer using them. When I asked why they had not contacted me by text to inform me - she replied that there was a notice on the bus stop allocated of the new number to call. My husband and I had not gone to the bus stop as there seemed no point when we could not contact them by phone. When I asked for my taxi fare to be refunded this was a real song and dance and very reluctantly the head receptionist gave me the £8.50 muttering under her breath that this was costing the hotel a fortune. Sorry but we had already paid for the service of being picked up and it was not my fault the taxi firm let you down!!!!!!!!
Needless to say this will be our last visit to the Normandy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Posh Tosh,

Thank-you for your June 2012 review.

The hotel has taken a quantum leap forward with respect to the courtesy bus service to the airport -since your visit several months ago.

I would have great pleasure in discussing the vast improvements upon any future stay. On a positive note, we acknowledge your praise on the food and service levels and thank-you
for taking leadership in this respect.

Kind regards,

Parminder Purewal

Been to Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!