“A Haven When I Needed One!” 5 of 5 stars

241 spring breaks
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Crieff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland
“A Haven When I Needed One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had been looking forward to this short break after a stressful few months and had booked in at the Hydro. This didn't suit me and I was delighted when Lynne - the Manager at the Murraypark - was able to let me have a beautiful room at this smaller sister hotel when I phoned to arrange to come down for breakfast on my second day.

The Murraypark is just so different from thy Hydro but in a very positive way. It's obviously much smaller and therefore the service is much more personal, which I liked. Staff were absolutely lovely without exception and I really felt that Lynne had taken me under her wing when I explained my predicament of not being happy at the Hydro.

I loved my room so much, I could have stayed quite happily for another few days. The food was lovely and to be able to have the choice of less formal dining in the cosy bar next to the woodburner was an added bonus.

I had been to the Murraypark before a number of years ago but had forgotten just how much I liked it. I don't think I'll forget again and look forward to my next visit.

Thank you Lynne and your lovely staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Lynne and the team were all absolutely thrilled with your glowing review wavy. It's great to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay and all our homely touches. We'll keep a cosy chair for you beside the fire, in the hope you'll be back to see us all again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was excellent, both at breakfast and dinner on both days. The dining room staff were friendly, efficient and attentive.
There was some noise during the afternoons ( ? joinery) when we were there, it seemed that rooms were being upgraded.
We did enjoy our 2 night stay and would be happy to recommend it to our friends and to return again at a later date

Room Tip: The room we were allocated was at the back of the hotel no 11 and looked onto the bins and store roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
There's been some broad smiles at The Murraypark since we read your great review Joanhwlindsay. Thanks! Here's hoping you'll be back soon, when we'll make sure that your stay is peaceful throughout.
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having previously stayed at Crieff Hydro I was keen to try this hotel out (much cheaper option!) with my friends and was really impressed. Food, staff and hotel surpassed my expectations and was really handy for using facilities at the Hydro. We ate both nights in hotel because food was of such high standard, staff very friendly and helpful. Will return with kids as I enjoyed the quieter atmosphere of this hotel as hydro a bit manic at times! Only small gripe was the comfort of the beds which appeared to be poor quality mattresses and bit uncomfortable but overall fantastic stay and staff are a credit to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We're thrilled that your girly weekend was such a success grapefruitGlasgow. Seems like the Murrapark/Hydro proved to be a winning combination and we hope to welcome you back before long for a family break.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I certainly would recommend this hotel. All the hotels basics were spot on such as the super friendly staff, comfortable beds, modern decor, plenty of hot water(even after 3 baths!), cleanliness and a well filled tea tray. Breakfast was also great.

Although it was a little quiet for us, the hydro is a two minute joint around the corner so we popped up there and used the facilities. Certainly a good base for people wanting the best of both worlds. Overall I had a relaxing time and got excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for a great review Grahamfind. It's great that you got to enjoy the best of both worlds - the intimacy of The Murraypark, combined with activities at the Hydro. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you wish to sample good quality cuisine, friendly and efficient staff and a hotel that feels more like a home-from-home, then this is the place to come. The hotel is situated in the town of Crieff in the heartland of Perthshire, and commands beautiful views of the surrounding scenery.

The Murraypark is the sister hotel to the Crieff Hydro, but you are by no means coming to a 'lesser hotel' if you stay here, as all the facilities of the Hydro, swimming pool, jacuzzi, fitness suite etc are available for your use. The rooms at the Murraypark are well proportioned and comfortable, and tastefully decorated, and the food stunning, As there are only 21 rooms in the hotel, it boasts a friendly, homely feel. You can dine in the rather lovely Dining Room, or eat in the lounge - either way the food is just as magnificent.

This was a lovely break just before the madness of Christmas descends!

Room Tip: As far as I could see, all rooms are well proportioned. However, the rooms facing away from the car...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We've all been basking in the warmth of you praise Patricia N and feeling rather proud of ourselves and our great wee hotel. Thanks from everyone and we hope to see you again soon.
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

this hotel is at the top of my list of hotel that I have stayed in,on leaving I handed one of my 4 tripadviser window stickers,very clean and tidy place and the meals were great,no waiting and hanging around waiting to be served,very talkitive staff and pleasent natured and informitive to the guests that are staying there,yes I would go back again yes,

Room Tip: plenty of car parking and access to crief hydro hotel for a swimm etc
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
There's been some wide smiles since we read your terrific review firemanjas. We're all chuffed that the Murraypark is the best hotel that you've stayed in and hope to welcome you back soon.
Whitey Bay, Tyne and Wear UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Murray Park while at a conference at the sister hotel the Crieff Hydro. The Murray Park is a 5 minute walk from the Hydro and as is is the sister hotel you can use the wide range of facilities. The rooms were great value, decorated well and will all the things you would need. The food is also top class. breakfast was excellent with a wide choice and everything cooked to order. Must mention the staff also, nothing was too much trouble and everythiing done with a smile. Great hotel, great staff, excellent food, what more could you want?!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We were all 'cock-a-hoop' after reading your fantastic review CCWbay. Many thanks! Here's hoping that we'll have the chance to welcome you back before long, for business or pleasure.

Been to Murraypark Hotel? Share your experiences!