“Lovely whatever the weather” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 33 restaurants in Crieff
Cuisines: English, Scottish, Tea Room, Soups, Sandwiches
“Lovely whatever the weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Aileen's Tea Garden is our favourite place for a wee treat on the weekend. My favourite is a bacon buttie (roll) with homemade soup. My wife would tend towards a freshly made sandwich with unusual fillings that I can't remember (was it carrot and cream cheese?). The kids can't see past the lunch boxes. Good coffee (I'm told - I don't touch the stuff), Segafredo, and the Brodie's tea is proper. The tea is served in old fashioned bone china tea sets which shouldn't make any difference to the taste, but somehow it does.

The surroundings are really nice - basically a big sheltered wooden deck with a stone wall on one side with plants growing out of it. At the moment its stretching it a wee bit to call it a 'garden' but I can see that it could be once the creepers grow and give is it a bit more leafiness. The whole thing has a clear roof which makes it a bit like a warm greenhouse unless its extremely windy.

Oh, and I almost forgot the best bit. Aileen makes all her own cakes. Big. Yummy. My recommendation is the 'Barnbrack' which is some kind of super fruity tea bread kind of thing.

The Tea Garden is a handy place for folk like us as the kids can play around outside, on the bike park (they hire bikes next door) and around about in relative safety.

Love it and will be back soon!

• Visited April 2013