“Perfect overnight stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Auchterarder
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect overnight stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Cairn Lodge Hotel for an overnight stay for my boyfriends birthday. After booking I spoke with a member of staff and mentioned that it was for a birthday, and they arranged to have balloons and a message in the room before we arrived which was a nice touch!
The staff are the hotels best asset. Every member of staff we dealt with was polite, friendly, professional and made you feel comfortable and relaxed.
We checked in and were taken to our room and shown all of the features. The room was perfect, gorgeous furnishings and an amazing shower! We then went to the bar for cocktails in front of the open fire which was nice especially as it began to snow!
Dinner later was excellent, as was the service yet again. We had a sharing steak board which was a very generous portion size and cooked perfectly. As were our starters and breakfast the next morning was the same.
Overall couldn't recommend this hotel enough, and in particular Arran who seemed to always be on hand to make sure we had everything we needed and that our stay was as good as it could be! Thank you :)

• Stayed March 2013
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Cairn Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
What a lovely review - thank you for your kind comments. We are extremely proud of the Cairn Lodge & Hotel and when a guest describes their stay as 'Perfect' we know that we are doing a great job so thank you! Please be assured I will forward all your comments onto the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had an overnight stay here at this hotel full of gorgeousness & it ticked every box.
On arriving we were greeted by the fab french manager Lionel.....my goodness this man works so hard & nothing is a problem , he takes time & pride to talk to you about the hotel & give you the background he is very particular in every aspect of running this place which impressed us very much, there's a real personal touch from him.
We have stayed in lots of hotels in the uk & abroad & they have never ticked every box but I have got to say the owner of this place has got it spot on every single attention to detail has been so well thought out & it's really stunning with no expense spared from the bedrooms to the bar to the restaurant I loved the way it all flowed, super sexy place to stay if you want to treat someone I would highly advise anyone to try this place out. I am quite fussy when it comes to staying in hotels, but not this one, it will be one that I will continue to visit we wanted to stay another night as did our 8 year old who was the only child there & was so well catered for nothing was a problem the staff were all lovely food was exceptional & the drink prices are not over exaggerated the way a lot of hotels are.
Already have another trip planned for our wedding anniversary in June!
Thank you Lionel for really looking after us!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at The Cairn Lodge & Hotel. It sounded like you had a really fantastic stay and I am extremely pleased to hear that you were well looked after. We have a very dedicated team at The Cairn Lodge and I will be passing on your comments. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this hotel as a birthday gift for my partner and I was not disappointed! Our room (5) was nothing short of stunning. Totally spotless with beautiful furnishings and great attention to design detail. I had not booked for dinner and the restaurant was full; however the Wee man - Arran managed to squeeze us in and the lovely Lionel called us in our room when our table was ready - fab service. The food and wine were lovely, great choice of dishes (esp starters) so much so we struggled to choose!! Breakfast was very good. All staff were helpfull and friendly, especially Arran and Lionel who could not do enough for us - EXCEPTIONAL!

Tiny criticisms...I would put an additional mirror in the hugh gorgeous bathroom as the design of the trendy sink does not allow you to get close to the mirror to do your make-up. Breakfast service was a little slow, but to be fair it was extremely busy at the time we were there.

My only disappointment was that I had not booked for longer!! Would love to return.

Room Tip: Room 5 is wonderful
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Cairn Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at The Cairn Lodge & Hotel. We were absolutely delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us. I am extremely pleased to hear that the Team looked after you so well. I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Norton Canes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I travel to Auchterarder frequently and this hotel is always on my visit list for dining or a quiet drink, the food is stunning! The service is always first class and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I have been shown the rooms and I know the hotel does special offers which really have to be taken advantage of, I arranged rooms for close friends from Austraila who have not stopped raving about it.
This hotel is a must if your visiting Scotland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Cairn Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at The Cairn Lodge & Hotel. We were extremely pleased to hear that you are a regular visitor to our beautiful property and that you chose The Cairn for your guests from Australia. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the Team and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were very lucky to spend a weekend at the beautiful Cairn Lodge Hotel. The staff were very attentive and were able to meet our every need. No expense has been spared on the decor and it felt luxurious. The restaraunt and bar area were second to none and we could not fault the menu. We had an opportunity to enjoy the outdoor dining area and the gardens were beautifully maintained. Thank you to the staff who made our stay so enjoyable, We can highly recommend this spectacular hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the front of the hotel. The view over the fountain at night is stunning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
What a lovely review! It sounds like you had a really wonderful week. Thank you for your kind comments about the Hotel and our Staff. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team there.

Cannock, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We found the Cairn Lodge on the last night of our stay near Auchterader, we had already been for a meal and met a friend for a drink. The hotel looks sensational and very stylish, decorated to a very high standard. The staff were very friendly and we will definitely try out the restaurant when we return to Auchterader next. We were shown the one of the guest room which again was of a very high standard and we will certainly consider this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you were able to take time on your holiday to visit The Cairn Lodge & Hotel. Next time you are visiting you should stay and sample the delicious food! I will be sure to pass your comments onto the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The decor throughout is so stylish you have to be impressed. The staff are warm, friendly and attentive. The room was simply amazing so stylish and comfortable, every little detail thought of. The bathroom was to die for. Our expectations were surpassed. The cocktail bar was gorgeous and also the dining room. The food was a delight. We were disappointed we had only one night booked but still felt we had a super chilled time and will definitely return again in the near future now we have found this outstanding retreat.

Room Tip: We had room 1 and we would ask for it again on the ground floor close to cocktail bar and restaurant...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Cairn Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Cairn Lodge & Hotel. It is always wonderful to read that the only complaint is that you were not staying another night! It is a superb Hotel and it is perfect for special occasions such as your Anniversary but is also perfect for a mini holiday!

Been to Cairn Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!