“Its more than great” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“Its more than great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What can I say... its pure luxury!
There really is no accounting for quality and class.
The room was outstanding, the restaurant was perfect, and the rest was sublime.
there is loads to do in the grounds and around the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TheGleneaglesHotel, Front Office Manager at Gleneagles Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Julie,

Thanks so much for the lovely review - we are more than grateful!

We hope to welcome you back to Gleneagles soon.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Gleneagles. This was our first experience of a 5 star hotel and we were not disappointed at all.

From the minute we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who were only to happy to help. Check-in was simple and efficient. We were taken to our room by Dawid who gave us a brief overview of the hotel facilities on the way.

The room was everything I would expect from a 5 star hotel. It was clean, spacious well appointed and had a stunning view looking up Glen Devon. The bed was very comfortable and large enough to get lost on!

We dined in Deseo and the Strathearn during our stay. I will not go in to detail about the food as this can be a very subjective topic. What I will say is that I haven't experienced better food whilst dining out. Deseo is very relaxed and informal whilst the Strathearn is the ultimate in fine dining. The service in both restaurants, as with all parts of the hotel, was second to none. Helpful, friendly and knowledgeable waiting staff made the whole dining experience a joy.

My wife used the spa facility and was delighted with it. I have never seen her so relaxed.

The Bar was a regular haunt for us during our stay. Cocktails and fine whisky aplenty with a good selection of beer and lager. We didn't have the Afternoon Tea but we did see it being served to others and it looked fantastic. The bar staff were a joy to watch as they prepared and served all varieties of cocktails and drinks. Once again the knowledge and friendliness of the staff was excellent. A special mention for our host Gerado (I hope I've spelt his name correctly) who looked after us attentively. A lovely man who put us at ease and impressed me with his passion and expertise of whisky.

There is so much more I could go on and on about but I feel the only thing to emphasise, once again, was the knowledge, helpfulness and friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel. We were a bit wary prior to our stay at Gleneagles. We thought it may be a bit 'stuffy' for want of a better term. We couldn't have been more wrong if we tried. The staff, at every turn, put as at ease and looked after us magnificently.

When asked how our break was by friends and family two words keep cropping up - unbelievable and relaxing.

We will definitely be back, hopefully sooner rather than later. Thank you Glenagles.

Room Tip: Outward facing rooms provide fantastic views over the surrounding countryside.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheGleneaglesHotel, Front Office Manager at Gleneagles Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Michael,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at Gleneagles. Needless to say, I was delighted to read your comments about the staff, the spa, and the food, and I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team.

I am glad that you had a lovely, relaxing time while staying with us, and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you both back to Gleneagles soon.

Very best wishes,

Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent New Years Eve with friends and family. Service was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed yet refined. With 5 kids running around it could have been a disaster however the staff were great...as was the food and surroundings

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for this kind review - I'm glad you had an excellent New Year's Eve with us, and will be sure to pass on your comments to the team at the Dormy.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came here for the afternoon tea. What a delight. Everything was incredible from the haggis Bon Bon amuse Bouche to the fabulous pâté stuffed choux balls from the savoury section. The sweet selection was incredible - only thing we hardly made a dent in them but due to regulations we could only take the scones home with us!! Everything was beautifully presented, and tasted great. The staff were most attentive keeping the tea and wine topped up! Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review of our afternoon tea - and I'm sure the chefs will be too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback, and I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Did an over night stay here on the way further north. Fantastic Spa hotel with the option of other sporting activities. Very peace full, great room and super over the top breakfast. A reasonably priced top drawer 5* hotel. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Gleneagles - I'm glad you had a great time with us, and hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed with my mother and 8 yr old daughter in October and we had a wonderful stay.
We stayed in a very spacious Estate room overlooking the grounds at the front of the hotel.
Everything was perfect...from the make your own pizza in Deseo, to the children's splash party, we couldn't have had a better time. Everyone at the hotel made us very welcome and concierge were particularly helpful with suggestions

There really is something here for all ages, and having stayed at many 5 star hotels I can say the breakfast here was one of the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for this 5 star review - I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us, and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,

cheshire, uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed for a coupe of days as break just before Christmas.

The views are great, everything else is mediocre for the price charged and in almost every area it only just made the grade as a 5 star hotel. You will not be wowed by this hotel if you have experienced other 5 star hotels.

The worst aspect is the staff who behave in a perfunctory manner and don't go the extra mile at any point (the staff at the Double tree in Dunblane (at half the price) could show them how to do it).

It feels like a hotel living on past glories and naieve tourists

Room Tip: Get an updated room- the older ones are ratty
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read your review - we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service and great facilities, and I am saddened that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on guest.relations at gleneagles.com

Front of House Manager

Been to Gleneagles Hotel? Share your experiences!