I stayed at Duchally with a friend at the end of January for a long weekend winter break. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable weekend which was enhanced by the lovely setting and cheerful, helpful staff at the hotel.
We had a twin room in the hotel which was incredibly comfortable. Toasty warm on a miserable cold and snowy weekend although the radiators had thermostats so we were able to turn down the heat at night. Lovely comfy beds with fluffy pillows and duvets and nice bedlinen. The bathroom was comfortable with fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers and everything you could possibly ask for, including bathroom scales (not used after the amazing meals we had in the restaurant).
The bar was warm and welcoming with a real fire and on both Friday and Saturday night we were treated to great live folk music. There is a small gym and a lovely pool with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It's not in the main building but a short walk through the grounds. We probably would have used it more if the weather had been better but chose instead to stay in the cosy bar with a glass of wine.
Beauty treatments were booked in advance and delivered in a converted bedroom in the hotel. The treatments themselves were really nice and good value compared with other places we have stayed. Maybe a little more could be done to make the room more welcoming - curtains at the window (ok there was howling gale while I was having my facial but it was a little distracting to have the rain battering off the window) and the offer of a blanket in addition to the rather small towel to cover you during the treatment. Personally I could do without the whale song but that's just my own preference.
While we were having our treatment there was a leak from the bay window in our bedroom caused by the excessive amounts of rain and snow that had fallen overnight. The staff could not have been more helpful and made sure my friend was chaperoned by a female member of the team while the leak was being fixed. Later on we returned after a snowy walk to find a note of apology and a complimentary bottle of wine in our room. A very nice touch - thank you.
We will certainly return to Duchally - it's like a very upmarket home from home and we really didn't want to leave.
Thanks for a great holiday
Pamela and Sarah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duchally Country Estate is set in prime Perthshire parkland near to Gleneagles and is the ideal base for a holiday in Scotland. Duchally Country Estate, while secluded, is perfect for short breaks and overnight stops in the Country House Hotel or a full Scottish holiday in luxury lodge accommodation that is conveniently located for easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Duchally Country Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clc Duchally Country Estate Hotel Auchterarder
- Duchally Country Estate Auchterarder, Scotland