Initially unsure of our destination, we were re-energised when we saw the CLC logo, as Club Lacosta usually delivers on quality!
The signage is not very encouraging, and at a point, we were asking ourselves if we had taken a wrong turn somewhere......
It was however worth the rigmarole as the grounds, staff and accommodation were just great. The kids loved the chicken house and my son had a favourite grouse! Talking of 'grouse' pls do go on the 'Famous grouse tour' especially if you are a spirit drinker. You'd be surprised how much history is tucked away in a bottle of a single malt!
Another trip we enjoyed was the 'Drummond safari', especially if you're with children.
The great 'gleaneagles hotel' is less than a mile away so you might see some golfing celebrity stroll past!!
One huge negative is the absence of wifi in your lodge so you need to get to reception for connection. Two, I wondered how families managed in the winter as the whole heating was electrical and CLC only pays the first £50 !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duchally Country Estate is set in prime Perthshire parkland near to Gleneagles and is the ideal base for a holiday in Scotland. Duchally Country Estate, while secluded, is perfect for short breaks and overnight stops in the Country House Hotel or a full Scottish holiday in luxury lodge accommodation that is conveniently located for easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Duchally Country Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clc Duchally Country Estate Hotel Auchterarder
- Duchally Country Estate Auchterarder, Scotland