“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

01887 820220
Improve this listing
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I don't understand all these bad reviews, some people!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Trowbridge
“Never had such bad service !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

I'm so shocked that I am writing this as I sit in the cafe. Just been served by the rudest woman I have ever come across. I dared to ask her a simple question about the menu and was spoken to as if I am a complete idiot. I was speechless ! We didn't walk out only because it raining outside so I am begrudgingly eating my scone. I'm furious though. If I treated people in that way in my job I woiuld be sacked. She doesn't deserve my money.

“Witch's Lair”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place for light lunch on a typically rainy Scottish day and saw this little cafe with a delightful name. Big mistake! The owner of this Restaraunt has the worst attitude to paying customers I have ever personally encountered. She started barking instructions at us as soon as we sat down, telling us not to sit at a certain place. When we tried to accomadate her she started barking instructions again. At this point we had, had enough of her abuse and decided to move to another Restaraunt, a lovely little place called Cafe D'Amour. There we were served by a lovely smiling waitress and served delicious fare.
So, be warned stay away from the Moon and Sixpence and the witch that owns it------she doesn't deserve customers.

Forfar
“Don't go there!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I wish I had read Tripadvisor before we went in. The name is appealing but it ends there!! There were 10 of us in the party and the lady was really rude when we walked in. We couldn't believe how bad she was and everybody round about was squirming in embarrassment at her treatment of us. We walked out, so really can't comment on the food but after reading some of the other reviews we had a lucky escape. We walked round the corner to the D'Amour Restaurant which was lovely. Perhaps the lady should go there to learn some manners!!

• Visited September 2011
Perth, United Kingdom
“I think we had a lucky escape!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

looking for lunch on a walk around Aberfeldy my husband and I stumbled upon this place, We went in and sat down at which point I noticed how dirty the tables were. they were those plasticised cotton table cover things and were minging!! Briefly picked up the menu which was sticky and dirty, caught my husbands eye, pretended to take an urgent phone call and hastily left!! so glad we did!!
went to the watermill instead - best lunch we've had for a long time and good value!!
Thank god we didn't stay in the Moon and Sixpence!!

• Visited May 2011