“Wow, this is good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Hotel Glasgow

You added Dakota Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Dakota Hotel Glasgow
1 - 3 Parklands Avenue | Eurocentral Business Park, Motherwell ML1 4WQ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Herts
“Wow, this is good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

As we drove up in darkness we were immediatly impressed by the look of the building , on entering it was beautiful, lovely atmosphere and decour.
Our room was HUGE!! Wonderfully decorated with everything we would need for a comfy night, the wetroom was spacious with plentiful hot water.
The staff were very friendly especially as our dogs would not get into the lift so we were shown the stairs for them ( yes they accept dogs!!!)
If I had a slight critisism it was a little to dark throughout, but a real gem, what a find, Ill be back for longer next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Gemswin

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay – we were thrilled we had the opportunity to look after you all – I know the staff were delighted to meet the dogs.

Please let me know prior to your next visit if there is anything at all I can organise ahead of your arrival and I will be delighted to assist.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Dakota Glasgow for my
wife's birthday weekend, and having stayed at the Edinburgh venue I knew
what to expect. As it was a special occasion though I pushed the boat out a
little and booked one of the suites. As per usual the check in was brisk
and efficient, and the welcome warm. Moving up to the room we were pleased
to find a fabulous suite, which was very large with plenty of space and
some great touches. The dressing room is brilliant as is the mini bar
fridge which you could use for your own drinks etc, as it isnt one of those
annoying ones that log everything you take out and automatically add it to
the bill. I spent a very relaxing afternoon on the chez longue watching the
world go by from the large windows. Another nice touch was the delivery of
a plate of cookies, freshly baked, that we hadnt expected. We had booked a
table for a meal later on and this was very tasty and good value at £60 for
two including drinks. The only mild niggle with the room was the fact that
it only had a shower, rather than a bath which i would have tended to
expect in a suite, though the shower itself was large and powerful. I would
definately stay at either of the Dakota's again, and a lot of other hotels
could learn a lot from the business model in place here. Well done !!

Dear RThom5105

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback – I am thrilled you had such a fantastic night in our luxurious suite celebrating such a special occasion.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please let me know if I can assist in any way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the 17th of August in one of the beautiful suites !! Room was massive all you need very clean flawless . Staff were very friendly and welcoming , Had dinner in the restaurant and it was out of this world yes the prices are a bit high but you get what you pay for the best steak I have ate . Will be returning to this hotel .

Dear Lennon87

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful review on Trip Advisor - I am delighted you had the chance to sample the delicious steaks served in the restaurant.

Please let me know if I can assist prior to your next visit and I would be delighted to assist.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived late in the evening after our wedding reception & were greeted with champagne, 2 porters took all our cards & presents to our very comfortable double room where we soon headed for. We had arranged to move to a suite the following day, stunning, then we had dinner in the grill that evening, very possibly the best meal I've ever had, flawless in every detail other than location, pretty much in the middle of nowhere & next to a motorway.

• Stayed September 2012
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Alan8974

I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you both after such a special day and that you the opportunity to experience our suite and also the fabulous offering in the restaurant.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Dakota for the first time on August 23rd. The hotel sits just off the motorway in an industrial/business park but we were aware of this on booking so the location did nit bother us. The staff were polite and the hotel was very clean and the decor was lovely (although the decorative cushion on our bed was so heavy i struggled to lift it haha). I especially liked the handwritten welcome note and the delicious fresh baked cookies in our room. Will definitely stay here again and next time will try the restaurant.

Dear catriona k

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback – I am delighted you had such an enjoyable first time visit with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and you will have the time to sample our restaurant menu.

Motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic hotel, atmosphere,food and staff all excellent, can't recommend this hotel enough. I look forward to my next visit. As in any business you can tick all the boxes but still have issues because the staff do not take ownership of the business aims and goals, this is certainly not the situation at Dakota Glasgow the staff cannot do enough for you and make your stay as pleasant as possible. A big thanks from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WWilson51

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor – it is always a pleasure for us to welcome you both to Dakota Glasgow and hope we will have the opportunity to look after you again soon.

Best wishes

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for work recently and have mixed feelings about returning. I enjoyed the food and the service although had Wi-Fi issues, even after being advised that there would be none, nice cocktails but very expensive and took a while to check out but I have stayed in worse places. I would say that the rooms and dining area is quite dark and it does feel like its just part of an industrial park so on balance I would only return if it was convenient.

Room Tip: If you stay in floor 2 you should be able to access Wi Fi without issues, but I had a problem.