“Great Scottish welcome......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Hotel Glasgow

You added Dakota Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Dakota Hotel Glasgow
1 - 3 Parklands Avenue | Eurocentral Business Park, Motherwell ML1 4WQ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Great Scottish welcome......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is approximately 30 minutes from Glasgow airport and situated close to main traffic links. First impressions are that it isn't a hotel but it looks more like an office building!

The reception seemed dark but was spacious with a very modern design. Staff were very friendly and welcoming with an efficient check in process. Access to the bar/grill and restaurant can be made directly from the lobby. Access to all floors was via two lifts which were quick to respond.

The bar / grill provided excellent quality meals at reasonable prices but with limited menu choices till 6pm. After this time, food is provided in the main restaurant. Breakfast is served in the same area from 6.30 – 10am (Monday to Friday) where a small cold, buffet style table is available. Hot food is ordered via table service. The wait for coffee / tea can be quite long at busy periods.

Room 216 had smart, modern décor but was quite masculine in appearance. Facilities available included: air conditioning, tea / coffee making equipment, satellite TV, iron & board and hairdryer. There was very limited hanging space for clothes storage and no drawers. This would not be ideal for a couple or long stay. The bathroom was quite spacious with a good power shower but no bath. Complimentary toiletries were provided and lots of fresh, clean towels. After seeing the modern design of the hotel, it was disappointing to find a plastic sink in the bathroom! Reminiscent of cheaper hotels….

Overall this hotel was great and I would definitely stay here again but not quite not sure it rates the 5 stars is it given?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Purrdee

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that, overall, you had a most enjoyable stay although disappointed you felt there were some slight issues.

A lot of time is spent on creating a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere for our guests, from the bespoke furniture to the music and candles and lighting – this theme is carried on throughout the bar and grill but also to the bedrooms – exposed brick walls and Porcelonsa bathrooms.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

this is a very well oiled machine. it offers friendly and efficient service with very comfortable rooms and truely great tasting food. High standards are everywhere in this hotel from the glass you drink out of the presentation and service of the food to the best breakfast I have had in years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear synon

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am delighted to read your comments and thrilled you had the opportunity to sample our menus. I totally agree with regards to breakfast – the classic Eggs Benedict is a particular favourite of mine.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night and had a great nights sleep, the staff were very helpful and pleasant, the room was clean and we had a great nights sleep. unfortunately the bathroom door kept jamming and if i had been in the room myself i would have struggled to get out! The hot tap was also in need of repair as we had trouble turning it off. we ate at the restaurant and although food was gorgeous the service was a bit slow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear MrsR6

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us - I am disappointed to hear of the small maintenance issues you experienced.

I have passed your comments on to the Maintenance team and Food and Beverage team and we will ensure we use the feedback to improve the standard and quality of service we provide.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with or, indeed, if you wish to discuss anything further.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The desing of the hotel is excellent and very striking as you walk into reception for the first time. The staff are friendly and very accommodating.

The rooms are also very well desinged not alot of storage but I was only staying overnight so that was no an issue in my case. The restaurant thr is also top notch ran very well and the food is excellent.

The only place I could really find fault was when I ordered room service the food was good there just wasn't very much of it. For the money I was paying, I expected more than just a very basic sandwich.

That being said I did have a great time there other than that and I would definatly return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear murphy1991

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your visit last year - I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable visit overall and I have passed your comments on to the kitchen team regarding the room service. We do continually update and improve our menus so we greatly appreciate comments we have use to constantly improve our offering.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and please let me know if there is anything at all I can assist you.

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is one of my favourites. I have stayed here more times than Trip Advisor permits me to review it, but this review follows my latest stay.

My previous two reviews say it all really. The Dakota Eurocentral is a well placed hotel with exceptionally good service and food. I don't enjoy staying upwards of 100 nights a year in hotels on business, but the Dakota has become a welcome port in the storm.

If I had to find fault, I'd say the beds are not that comfortable the gym is tiny and the rooms are not that large.

I have just today, booked another 3 night stay for later in July, which demonstrates how much I like to stay here. Give it a go!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear dodgergammon

Many thanks for another fantastic review of the hotel - it is delightful for us to have the opportunity to look after you so frequently and ensure you are at home away from home.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can organise prior to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect with our stay here! The staff were excellent, the room spacious, clean and very funky decor. The breakfast was delicious and we got a great deal!

I would definitely recommend this Hotel, but if you want to be in Glasgow you will need a car, it's a few miles outside! As we were visiting family in Coatbridge it was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear dandance20

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor - I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the very near future.

ayrshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is our fourth visit,my wife ann I arrived on friday to a very warm welcome from the lovely laura.

We stayed on the fith floor,the room was lovely with nice little touched,fresh cookies,bathrobes and slippers,and a hand written welcome note.

We dined in the grill both nights, the food is fantastic and so well run its like clockwork.

We can't wait to return,this hotel in our opinion beats the hilton by a mile.

A big thanks to all the staff for making our break special.

Mr and mrs welsh

• Stayed July 2013
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Welsh

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback – I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

I look forward to welcoming you back later this month and please let me know if there is anything I can arrange for you prior to your stay.

Ceri

Been to Dakota Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!