“Beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Hotel Glasgow

You added Dakota Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Dakota Hotel Glasgow
1 - 3 Parklands Avenue | Eurocentral Business Park, Motherwell ML1 4WQ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Edinburgh
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Beautiful location , very clean rooms and bath rooms, as well the rooms layout is perfect. Love the black colour scheme, service is very very good, the bar is bit expensive though, but overall a beautiful place to stay

Room Tip: A perfect place for few nights, love the rooms layout and bathrooms, excellent service, beautiful lo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Mike B

We are thrilled to read that you had a wonderful stay and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Here we are, back at the Dakota. This is such a great experience. It takes a while for your eyes to get used to the very low lighting in the public area, but its a very relaxing ambience. As usual nice room - only Travelodge size but beautifully decorated, especially if you like black. Very slightly tired decor in some places, but that's probably being picky. Go down for cocktails and a few oysters before the evening meal and leave a little room for breakfast. Most of the staff were fantastic and looked great, even if the all black dresses are not as flattering as they could be. Well done Dakota.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Frequenter-50

Thank you for once again posting your generally great feedback on TripAdvisor – we are delighted that you once again had a wonderfully relaxing overnight stay with us – I am confused as to how someone looks in a black dress is relevant…...

Best

Alva, Clackmannanshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great look, inside and out. Slick check in - then we felt our way up to our room...because it was so dark..! Appreciate they're trying to create an ambience, but issuing a Davy lamp so we could navigate the dimmed corridors would've been a bonus.

Service was patchy. The bar staff avoid eye contact, and we and the other table beside had to actually get up and go to the bar to try to get served.

Comfy, modern bedrooms, with a huuuuuuge bean bag. Not sure why.

Drinks very pricey. Worth BYOB. Wifi was very slow. Catching a bus would've been quicker.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan C

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

A lot of time and effort is spent in creating a relaxing and comforting ambiance for our guests and I send my apologies that you felt there were some issues with the service in the bar – I have passed these on to the relevant teams.

Our internet offering has been recently upgraded and we are delighted our returning guests will feel the benefit from this.

Alva, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

On entering the Dakota you walk through a sliding door then have to walk through a curtain! Its like 'Stars in their eyes'!

The hotel is very modern and we liked the layout etc but trying to get to your room in semi darkness was, shall we say, different. Our room was so dark, even with all the lights on that we had to use a torch (why she carries a torch in her handbag I will never know!) in order to turn the heating on! For a modern building they had the noisiest heater you could ever imagine!

Went downstairs for a drink and as we approached the bar a young lady told us to take a seat and she will take our drinks order, what I think she actually said was go take a seat then I will totally ignore you, which she did for 15 minutes. I then walked up to the bar and the polite barman asked if I was ok, I told him no as I really do not expect to be ignored. A drink came within 5 minutes.
We then asked the girl for the bill, again totally ignored. Finally one girl noticed our glasses were empty and came across and asked if we wanted more.

A little word to the management, please train your staff to be looking for customers that 'want' a drink and not just looking at the floor in front of them. For a 4 star hotel I expect someone to notice when I need serving, this is to be honest a very basic thing that should come as second nature.

The bed was very comfy and had a great nights sleep but for goodness sake get rid of that dual controlled shower. Try turning one off and another one comes on! Was amusing for the first 30 seconds though.

Room Tip: Take a torch!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KevinLaird

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor and I send my apologies that you felt there were some issues during your stay – I have passed your comments on regarding the service in the bar to the relevant team to ensure this remains an isolated incident.

If you wish to discuss any of these matters further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@dakotaeurocentral.co.uk.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Industrial location, clearly for business clients on expenses.

I arranged to meet an old friend in the Bar area there. Now, I am far from a snob, and frequent nice hotels. However, when you go to a bar and ask for a drink, and they 'refuse' to serve you, saying: "it's waitress service only"... you know it's a tipping culture.

My friend had already arrived... she had paid £9 for a glass of red wine!... my Grolsch stung me at £4.60! Outside of Scandinavia (and London), this was one of the most over-priced hotel I have been to... in an industrial estate; in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire!!!

My opinion: I am accustomed to nice, friendly, quality hotels; but I found this a very pretentious place for me... for some reason people there seemed to have a false air about them... and obese old men with 'srubbed-up' younger ladies was the signal for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mark E

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am disappointed to read that you felt there were some issues during your visit.

We offer a range of red wines by the glass and all prices are clearly stated in our drinks directory and menus and the draught beers we offer are Peroni and Coors Light.

I am a firm believer in ‘you get what you pay for’ and no guest who approached the bar would be refused service – we would, however, prefer they sat down and allowed us to look after them. Unfortunately the traditional art of table service is not a something found in many establishments now but I, however, am delighted we offer this to our guests.

Best

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in an out the way area,but the food is nice and the rooms are quirky , but in a good way !. We spent time a lovely time having dinner in the restaurant, then stayed the night, I would recommend a visit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dwell88

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

bury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although the hotel situated on an industrial park and not a lot around it for short stay it was a very pleasurable experience. The hotel has a very modern feel about it and the rooms although not massive in size were very comfortable and well designed with all the mod cons. The restaurant does get busy so best to book and although not the cheapest, you do get quality service and really tasty food. The staff throughout are welcoming and friendly and you go away feeling you have been somewhere just that little bit special.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maurice m

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit and had the opportunity to sample our excellent grill menu.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Ceri

Been to Dakota Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!