“Love Dakota” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Hotel Glasgow

You added Dakota Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Dakota Hotel Glasgow
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 3 Parklands Avenue | Eurocentral Business Park, Motherwell ML1 4WQ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Love Dakota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I love Dakota hotels. We have stayed both here at Eurocentral and also at the Edinburgh hotel many times, and have always had a great stay. The staff are always friendly and happy to help with anything you require.

We spent a night here the week before christmas, and there was such a lovely atmosphere. We booked a package which included dinner, 4 cocktails, breakfast and either lunch or afternoon tea, plus you got a late checkout of 2pm. It was really good value.

Dinner was excellent as usual - the braised beef is just so tender - gorgeous! The cocktails were delicious - there's a good choice on the menu. Try a few. Do book a table for dinner in advance, as the restaurant is very popular.

Breakfast is a mix of continental which you help yourself to, followed by cooked to order items. Really filling and sets you up for the day ahead.

We had a bar lunch which was served quickly and was also delicious. You just cant go wrong with the food here.

Rooms are modern and comfortable and always clean. The bathrooms do not have a bath but have a great shower which has both an overhead rain shower and also a wallmounted shower. Ideal if you dont want your hair drenched ladies :-) There are good mirrors in the bathroom and also a desk with mirror in the bedroom.

True the location is a little odd (in a business park) but dont let that put you off. This hotel has such a great vibe about it, and the mixture of relaxing atmosphere and modern decor are great. There are lots of comfy sofas and a lovely open fireplace. The best feature though has to be the restaurant. Give it a try, i'm sure you'll love it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear jolo2006

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing pre-Christmas break with us and had the opportunity to sample the bar, grill and cocktail menus.

I have passed on the lovely comments to the entire team at the hotel and we all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel is there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

If it's all about location location location then as a pleasure stay the Dakota fails.

The Dakota Glasgow is located just of the m8 motorway and around 20 miles from Glasgow (certainly not Glasgow as the website suggests) city centre and 30 miles to Edinburgh city centre in a business park called euro central.

The hash black cladding exterior does not match the new York loft style interior. The ground floor foyer is open plan and hosts the lounge, bar and grill. The decor is dark and dramatic although cost savings have been made by painting may of construction features black in an attempt to may them look atmospheric. Lots of fake exposed brickwork walls are through out the hotel including the bedrooms.

The bedrooms are again loft apartment themed (very masculine and would appeal to the high end business market) with exposed fake brick walls making the rooms a little harsh and cold feeling and completely out of content in it's new business park location. No bath in the rather small bathroom.

The hotel has little to no amenities, well a gym the size of a cupboard.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Would I recommend this hotel...... Yes, but only if you need to stay in this quiet strange location as for the money there is hotels of equal standard hotels with much better facilities located in much better locations either within Glasgow or Edinburgh.

In summary, nice hotel but really just a very posh road chief and hotel built in a new failed business park which is lying mostly unoccupied.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear GlasgowHappyHolidays

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am disappointed that the location of the hotel was not what you were looking for but you found the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

As we are located just 11 miles from Glasgow and 30 miles from Edinburgh the greatest majority of our business and leisure guests find us to be ideally located between the city centres and both Glasgow and Edinburgh airports are within 30 minutes travelling time.

A great deal of time is spent ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience from the moment they step through the door - from a warm welcome at reception to the sumptuous and luxurious décor and surroundings to the bespoke cocktail menu to the soundtrack which aids in setting the tone and atmosphere so, I find it especially frustrating to read your comments.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Kind regards

Ceri McDade
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I wanted to update my review of this restaurant from July 2011 where I took my sister for a birthday dinner. I made some comments about the service, however I have recently visisted on New Years eveing for dinner again. I have to give credit where credit is due, every comment I made in July has been addressed. The service was great from when we arrived till we left. If there was only one small comment to make is a change in veggie options. There was no hassle when I asked for a different veggie option that night. We all had a great time, so well done to the staff.
Thankyou

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear jw1097

Thank you so much for leaving an updated review on TripAdvisor - I am thrilled that you felt there was such a massive improvement from your previous visit.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Every time I travel to Glagow on business I make a point to stay at the Dakota. This has to be one of the best business hotels in the country. Modern and crisp in decor with a very relaxing seating area. The restuarant is outstanding value for money. I always have the steak which is cooked to perfection every time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Flight713

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor - I am delighted that you have enjoyed relaxing visits with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with prior to your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Been to Dakota too many times I've lost count, love the decor and restaurant.

Interior very relaxing and lovely. Rooms gorgeous with comfy bed and very helpful and accommodating staff.

Food in restaurant both dinner and breakfast exceptional service, luv lobster thermidor and desserts.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Beth A

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wondeful feedback on TripAdvisor- I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Kind regards

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is a modern hotel beside the busy A8 between Edinburgh & Glasgow, (closer to Glasgow).
It's not really a location to choose if you want to walk to bars / shops, as it's in a business district.
I really like this hotel, having stayed on a number of occasions and this review is based on my last experience.

As you enter the foyer, through heavy curtains into a moody lit reception, it reminds me more of a dodgy club than a hotel.
At check-in you are offered a complimentary welcome drink, but as I've always wondered how long it's been standing, so have always declined.
A couple of home made cookies are usually in the room, which is another nice touch.

The rooms are not the largest, but I usually pay no more than £99.00 B&B, which makes it good value for money. All rooms are very well air conditioned.
Bathrooms lack a bath, (but have EXCELLENT showers), which gives the bathroom a slightly smaller feel, but are beautifully clean & well lit.
There are some lovely features, like the heated mirror to avoid it steaming up, lovely large towels and large bottles of nice toiletries.

WiFi is Free, but a little slow. If the truth be known, "free & slow" beats "quick & extra" any day in my book!
There's a distinct lack of anywhere to place your suitcase, and a lack of drawers too.

Breakfast and room service are both excellent, some of the best food & service I have ever experienced in a hotel, first class.
I always look forward to visiting the area, so I can stay at The Dakota, book with confidence.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was part of a wedding party staying at the Dakota though the actual wedding was elsewhere. The rooms are all of a high standard and very clean. As the bride and bridesmaids were getting ready and leaving from the Dakota we were given access to the Presidential Suite early to allow hairdressers and make up artist to get to work. We were also offered room service breakfast outwith the grill hours which was ideal and catered for 10. The service at the Dakota was second to none, nothing was too much trouble and staff went out of their way to ensure our arrangements went smoothly. They also opened the bar for us on our return which was nice and allowed us all to have a night cap. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, being local its unlikely we'd get the chance to stay again but should an excuse arise we'd take it up!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Sandielou22

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us – I am delighted that you had a truly memorable experience and chose to stay with us during this special occasion.

We are more than happy to help in any way possible to ensure all arrangements run smoothly and can tailor our service to accommodate larger groups. The suites are such a lovely size and layout and very popular with our brides and bridesmaids.

If there is anything at all I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Ceri

Been to Dakota Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!