“If I'm in Motherwell and need a hotel, it will always be The Moorings....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Hamilton Rd, Motherwell ML1 3DG, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Wolverhampton
“If I'm in Motherwell and need a hotel, it will always be The Moorings....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Before I stayed in The Moorings, I was already reassured of a good experience. A work colleague always stays there and I checked out this website which spoke volumes. Even before arriving, the hotel got my seal of approval. I was due to arrrive late - about 10:30 pm and asked if it would be possible to order a late snack for myself and my colleague. One or two e-mails later I was assured that the chef would prepare something for us. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, check in was very efficient and we were told without asking that our food was ready and a table set aside. Within minutes we had drinks and food. Our 'snack' was a plate of 16 sandwiches, a bowl of salad, some potato crisps and two generous bowls of fries, again all was served with great courtesy. The rooms were excellent, very clean, modern and with all the usual refinements. A good night's sleep was followed by a great breakfast, a wide choice and again the staff were very attentive. I will be returning to Motherwell soon and know exactly where I will be staying. I thoroughly recommend this hotel. In summary, the cornerstone of this establishment is good service delivered with a smile.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Lovely hotel, very modern and clean. We had lunch in the restaurant which was really nice, I had the chicken thai curry, and my partner had a burger, clean plates all round! Would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

This is a well decorated hotel, the room was lovely and the food is highly recommended .
I had the 3 fish meal which was excellent and very good value for a hotel meal.
If your in the area looking for a hotel this is very good.

• Stayed January 2011
Wishaw, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I attended this establishment for a Christmas "party" night and I have to say it is one of the worst I have ever attended.

I emailed the manager to complain and i received a delayed and very arrogant response. The food was pre prepared tasteless rubbish and in tiny portions (Thankfully as it gave 2 of my party dodgy stomachs afterwards)

The vegetarian option was served with MEAT based Gravy and Parma Ham and no one knew what was in the "meat loaf" which apparently was quorn and they didnt know what the meat was.

The "Entertainment" was an elderly DJ who couldnt work his equipment and it was almost 11 oclock before the first music was played which didnt skip!

An absolute disgrace, overpriced, tacky, disgusting and only made worse by the fact the manager has called me a liar when i have complained about it! But my "Unsubstantiated" claims have been substantiated by the other guests and will be further substantiated by the visit from the tourist board and Vegetarian society who are now going to investigate them as a result.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This has to be one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were warm and friendly. The receptionist was very helpful and assisted me with bus routes etc. The best part though was the incredible restaurant, the food was amazing. I spent 4 nights here and each night thought the food could not be any better - but it was!! Thank-you all very much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are great but the one thing that stands out is the AMAZING customer service. From the moment you check in you are greeted like an old friend, the staff are warm friendly and totally lovely! I would highly recommend anyone to stay here, I know I will return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Great staff especially Sharon Nicola and Susan.We stayed there for two days and where left feeling very relaxed by the hotel staff.Great breakfast in the morning and we recived a very good deal on our twin rooms.Thanks again for all their help from the irish lads.Thomas.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!