We stayed at the Moorings while attending a Genealogy Fair in Motherwell in August. The staff were friendly and more than willing to answer all our questions - from bus fares, where to catch buses, schedules etc. The meals in the restaurant were tasty and again, staff were helpful and kind. Our room was on the second floor and staff were there to help with our luggage. Beds were comfortable and room was clean and held on the necessities. Ample parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel provides the magic near Motherwell! Built in 1891 as the private home for a member of a famous Scottish steel dynasty, our beautiful main building has held its charm and offers a unique, understated and timeless air of refinement to this day. The surroundings are undeniably chic, but the overall ambience remains humble enough to be homely. A "B" listed building within a local conservation area, BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel has built on its 19th century roots to meet 21st century needs and provides guests with classic character. We still have some of the original stained glass windows, and our hospitality is traditional and unintrusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Motherwell
- BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel Motherwell, Scotland