“Great food and not expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Motherwell
York, United Kingdom
“Great food and not expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was first visit to a Toby Carvery and it won't be the last. The meal was so good we returned the following evening. All the four roasts were very tender, with very generous portions, and there was a great choice of beautifully-cooked vegetables. The wine list was well priced too. Good food, and pleasant staff. The restaurant is next to the Holiday Inn Express, and just a very short walk to the Strathclyde Park.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

SOUTH AYRSHIRE
“over rated and stingy with servings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

popped on the passing was taken a back with lack of parking due to the amount of people using the car park to go, into m&ds park.very dull resturant with a lukewarm welcome as it was sunday the only thing on the menu was the sunday cavery which was abit of a let down.waited 10mins in a queue to be served extremly thin slices of pork,gammon,turkey and beef then on to the rather dried up looking veg and potatoes,never seen meat get slices so thin in my life and for the money they charge.the beef and pork were rather fatty and the gammon salty and turkey cold.the waitress was very much rushing us to finish meal and leave the table.plus the drinks a tad pricey they took £2.05 for a 300ml can of irn bru.in a whole i wouldnt make a point on going back there cause its not vaulue for money and choice on a sunday menu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Was not what I expected :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner and I decided to eat out Tuesday night. We got in the car and went to the Carvery. There was a HUGH pot hole to the entrance to the place which we could not avoid hitting, not good! The car parking is very good.
We went in and went to the bar to order our meal (that's how they do it in other carvery's. We stood about 10 minutes and when we got to the bar they told us to stand over at the door for a table ( they could have just put a sign to let people know). We were seated at a nice table by the window. Our waitress was lovely and very helpful.
The chef was very stingy with his servings. I asked for only turkey and Gammon (no pork or beef). I got 2 slices of each but they we very small. The gammon was mostly fat, the turkey was lovely though. I must also say the Yorkshire pudding were GREAT! My partner had all four meats and his beef was all fat and grizzle but he did seem to have more meat than me on his plate! The veggies were nice too but the gravy was a bit watery as was the bread sauce. For an extra £1.50 you can double up (bigger plate).
I was very disappointed in this Carvery.
The Carvery at Drumchaple and Balloch is so much better.
I don't think I will be returning to Motherwell.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Great Price Carvery - stingy with servings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great priced carvery, with Yorkshire puddings, vegetables, mashed and roast potatoes,gravies and sauces. Pity about the really, really, tiny "pieces" of meat served. I have never, ever seen anyone slice roasts so thin, that they never manage to get even half the width of the roast, onto your plate. Even asking for the turkey, pork, and gammon, nobody got the equivalent of one slice of meat on their plate. All well cooked, and hot, but spoiled a wee bit, by lack of meat. Staff attentive and friendly.

Visited April 2013
glasgow
“carvery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This carvery has steadily gone downhill visited on sunday and they bump up the price and give you 1 extra slice of meat for about an extra £3. Food cold, person who carves meat obviously taught to slice as thin as they can and I don't eat a lot never seen meat cut so thin lol, you can fill up with veg and potatoes but it is all cold, and constant queues, bit like school dinners. We took couple of 86 year olds and it was so cold it was uncomfortable eating in there. Did say to young waitress who seemed totally uninterested how cold the food was but she just shrugged and said oh i would have put it in microwave, well she couldn't possibly do that for everyone in there. Think they should at least in a better system to ekkp food out on show hot, I,m afraid we won't be back........