“Bit disappoint” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Glasgow
“Bit disappoint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was attending a function and I must say I was rather disappointed with my stay. My sister was given the keys to some else's room. The light wasn't working in my room. The shower had very poor water pressure and was freezing cold, I was in a hurry so just had to go with it. The shower then fell off the wall and hit me in the head. It took Maintenance 10 minutes of fiddling with it to get any hot water from it. I was told the room was hardly used and it just needed time to heat up, but I would have had to turn it on for 25 minutes before using it for this to happen. Hair dryers are kept at reception if you need one. The food wasn't very nice my lunch was dry and dinner even worse. My evening meal was two peppers stuffed with under cooked boiled rice and a tomato sauce on the side and dessert was sticky toffee pudding that tasted burnt, coffee far too strong. To top things off the fire alarm went off at 7am. Breakfast was nice enough but not what I would call a full Scottish breakfast (no black pudding, potato scones or mushrooms) beans can be ordered but do not come as standard. We got this room slightly discounted because of the function we attended but still didn't fell it wasn't value for money. The bar staff and young servers where always friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and spotlessly clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sadly part of this review is a year late, my husband and I married in the Bentley last February and and then spent our first anniversary there this weekend.
Our wedding was organised by Joy who I can only describe as fantastic she thought of every little thing before the wedding and on the day itself. The value for money the Bentley offers on wedding packages is second to none the variety of menus, decorations and all of the other things that go with a wedding is exceptional. Would highly recommend it.
Having spent our wedding anniversary there this weekend again the staff pulled out all the stops for ourselves and our 10 guests, including a personalised menu to commemorate our first anniversary can't praise the staff enough. Will be back once again. Ross and Tracey were fantastic and attended to our every need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
nr Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went here on a Tuesday night with my sister. I had a groupon. We had such a lovely meal. We both had prawn cocktail to start. My sister had steak pie and I has sea bass. The meal was delicious, the service was first class. The groupon came with a bottle of wine and even that was very palatable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night while on business & found it ok apart from alot of noise in the corridor (2 Police talking to a guest). The room itself was fine & had tv with tea/coffee making facilities.There is wifi aswell which can sometimes be picked up in room.Next morning breakfast was average, friendly reception & waiting staff though.Probably would stay again as was fine for the money £45 for one night B&B.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Took 40 of my family n friends for a 3 course meal and private party here last night the food was fantastic and the staff amazing nothing was a bother and they looked after us all night :-) thanks so much to adlan and Tracey they defo worked for money last night lol xx

Stayed January 2014
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife & I have been coming here regularly over the past few months & have found the food to be of high quality. Menu is varied with plenty to choose from & we enjoyed a lovely Festive Lunch today which, again, was great value for money. The staff are very easy to approach & nothing seems too much trouble for them if you do manage to find something that isn't quite to your liking.
I would certainly recommend a visit here......you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This little hotel is a real find. I have used this hotel for business meetings and have also had some really nice evening meals here. The fish tea (Wed evenings) is particularly good and also had a delicious Christmas dinner here just last week. The staff are very pleasant and the prices are excellent. The location of the hotel is good, tucked away down a quiet side street but a short walking distance from shops and transport. Definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Try the Fish Tea!