“great food at great price” 5 of 5 stars

The Bentley Hotel
19 High Road, Motherwell ML1 3HU, Scotland   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Glasgow
“great food at great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have not stayed at this hotel but have had many meals here. Not a place for the young and trendy. but the food is great value for money. Quality great and portions more than enough. No request is too much. Staff very helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went for 3 course dinner, amazing for the price, excellent value and good food. Would highly recommend to anyone. Haven't stayed over so can't comment on rooms, surprised by the negative reviews as I am quite picky and found the food great and big selection. Staff were lovely and couldn't of been more helpful. Thanks again I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at the Bentley for a few days whilst attending a wedding in Motherwell and also visiting Glasgow and surrounding areas. Needed to consider disability needs for father and wife. The hotel was very accommodating - nothing was too much fuss or bother. Made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was excellent. Plenty of parking, good location for the town center, but best of the all, the cost of stay was very reasonable . Would definitely stay at the hotel again without a second thought. Thank you Grace, Joy and the rest of team - see you soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

i booked in with my son and father while making a family trip to Motherwell, it was chosen on the internet purely due to location. The exterior of the hotel looks like it was created for a gothic horro movie but inside all had been modernised and was bright a clean. The reception staff during our visit were cheery and helpful, our bedrooms were a bit strange as they had conformed to the shape of the exterior of the hotel but were clean and tidy, shower was dissapointing as you would need to be supermodel slim to limbo in too the one we had in our bedroom, central heating seemed to be stuck at economy mode and my father who is 80 years old had to make use of the supplied spare blankets to keep warm.

I wouldnt consider this hotel if you have mobility problems as there is no lift and the stairs to the first floor are steep with narrow treads....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Made a most enjoyable overnight stay at this Hotel when Everton played a football match in Motherwell. I was allocated a south facing bedroom that was clean, bright and the bed was comfortable.The bathroom was clean and I noticed,for the comfort of the guests,that the wardrobe contained extra blankets and Halogen heater.(The room also had central heating.) Before retiring I ordered a "Bentley Burger" from the "lite bite" menu which proved to be very tasty and made me wonder what the "heavy bite" version looked like! Next morning, while ordering breakfest, I asked if I could have a light dusting of Cayenne Pepper with my scrumbled eggs and was politely assured that this was "Nay Bother". I later discovered that the local railway station has no left luggage facility so I returned to the Hotel where the duty manager, a lassie named Margaret, kindly agreed to keep my overnight bag safe for me until after the match. I thanked her and she assured me that it was "Nay Bother". I would certainly stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Ask If room 104 is vacent?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brampton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I live in Canada, but I was born in Strathclyde region (lived in Newarthill) but all my family remains in Newarthill, Carfin and Motherwell. Last year I came home for the first time in twelve years and was celebrating my mothers birthday and my own which are 3 days apart. My cousins suggested having our party lunch at this location. Since I would be paying for everyone there (12 people) I needed a place that had a decent menu and fair in price. I have to say that the place was busy when we were there and we still got decent service. My cousin is a teacher and teaches hospitality/cooking and trains people to be chefs and she had only few comments to it being a bit better, but overall said it was quite good. Also turns out that one of the chefs here she was at college with. I thought it was great. My mother has been living in England for several years and is now planning a move to Scotland again and I don't want to impose on my family two years in a row, so I have been considering staying at this place...i thought the food was okay, but now worried about the reviews...however since I was okay with the food and so many others are not...I wonder about those reviews on the rooms.....Maybe more to this review after the summer...I think only fair to give these guys a fair shake. This because I also run my own "Condos" in Florida and advertise on here and always appreciate my reviews.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

i got my grandparents vouchers for the hotel and they went yesterday for their lunch and had a lovely meal and said that it was nice and chilled in the restaurant so know what to get them next year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!