“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 24 Largs B&B and Inns
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was attending a wedding at a local hotel and decided to stay over at No 62 rather than at the wedding venue and boy was i pleased i did!
Asked for an early check in just to drop off bag and this was no problem. The room was so lovely and absolutely immaculate! There wasn’t one tiny thing out of place! When I finally stumbled into bed in the small hours, I didn’t want to leave it! I have slept in Super Kings that weren’t as comfortable as my single. Bedding also lovely too. So cosy! Bathroom was like something out of a 5 star hotel and again spotless! The welcome tray was one of the best ive seen too. Breakfast was incredible, so much so I took at photo and sent it to my friends who were staying at the wedding venue who advised there’s wasn’t even as half as good (and they paid twice what I paid for, by what I have heard, a much lower standard of room). Martin was a great host and I felt very comfortable there as a single traveller. Would go back in a heartbeat and Ive already told friends about it (I only came back yesterday). Brilliant!!

Room Tip: Pick this place!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
grenoble
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A great stay! We spent 2 nights in the b&b in March. The room and bathroom are very nice, large and clean. The welcome is really warm. Martin gave us great advice on what to visit around Largs: travelling with 2 young boys I was happy to find activities they enjoyed too. Theres a playground area within 2 minutes walk. The breakfast (Cooked Or Continental) is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The thought of travelling three hours, very early in the morning from Berwick to Largs to attend a judo instructors' recertification course didn't inspire me. Instead, I searched for reasonable priced B&B so I could stop the night before and be fairly fresh in the morning. To be honest, I couldn't find anything at a reasonable price on the site I searched and I reluctantly booked an overpriced B&B in the town as i didn't seem to have much choice.

Nearer the time I needed to be there my partner found me No. 62 at a price I was budgeting for. Luckily for me I could cancel the other place with no penalties and I booked here.

On a wet foggy night travelling across the hills I arrived in Largs for the first time. The traffic was very heavy and I would advise anyone to look out for their sign at the end of the garden near the road as it's very easy to miss this house and try to negotiate traffic.

There's no way anyone could park on the road outside so it was great to be able to park in their own parking area outside the house. A friendly greeting awaited me and the room was fantastic, so fresh and spotless clean and nicely decorated. Unfortunately, I was so tired and it was such a miserable night, I didn't get a chance to actually wander around Largs which I'm told is a lovely town. However in such a comfy room it was nice to just chill out. I was given a lovely full Scottish breakfast next morning, nicely cooked and not greasy like you get in a lot of places. I enjoyed my stay and this B&B is really good value for money. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at No. 62 for 3 nights in October. Room was excellent - impeccably clean, very quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was 10/10, rivaling any 4 star hotel. Martin was very hospitable. Recommend without hesitation for anyone visiting Largs.

• Stayed October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I loved this B&B. There was off street parking, a great warm welcome from Martin and Barbara, immaculate en-suite room with plenty of space. This house offers every amenity you could want so I won't bother listing them. Absolutely everything has been thought of.

I had the full Scottish breakfast which was just wonderful, hot and no hanging about. Enough fuel to start anyone's day and keep them going too. The hospitality tray was well stocked and maintained during my stay.

Location brilliant, not too far from anything and just opposite my Aunt's road so didn't need car at all while actually in Largs.

I will definitely be staying there again, must book now for November as would hate not to get in. All in all a wonderful place. Would like to go in Summer as there is a beautiful garden and loads of outside space.

Room Tip: All good even road side ones are not noisy due to double glazing.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Worcester Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very friendly welcome, easy parking right outside, very comfortable rooms with good bathroom facilities (some larger than others), and a good selection of drinks and biscuits in the rooms.
Very big breakfast - my daughter in law never tires of saying 'square beef sausage' in a Scottish accent - and lunch not required afterwards.
10 minute walk down to Largs - quite windy on the coast road side.
Would have given this one a 5 star rating if some shower gel/shampoo had been put in the shower.
Would definitely go again if Martin will have us!

Room Tip: The back bedroom overlloking the sea was bigger and had the best bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would echo all the previous comments - Martin is very welcoming and informative, nice relaxed approach. Rooms very well appointed and the en-suite shower room spotless - lots of hot water too.

I had a room on the road side but there was no noise intrusion at all.

Will be staying here again (if I can get in) and will recommend to friends and family

thanks for a great stay, Russell

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to No. 62 Largs B & B? Share your experiences!