“Cosy B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 16 Charles Street

16 Charles Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Largs
16 Charles Street
16 Charles Street, Largs KA30 8HJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #9 of 23 Largs B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Cosy B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at 16 Charles Street.
On arrival I was given a warm and friendly welcome by Una.
I was shown to my room a single on the first floor.
The room suited my needs clean and comfortable.
The single bed was comfortable with good bedding which made me sleep well.
Tea, coffee,bottled water and biscuits was provided, a fridge was also available for use.
Free wifi was available.
You shared a bathroom which caused no problems, the shower was warm and powerful.
Toiletries was provided also good quality towels.
Breakfast was good I chose orange juice, tea, toast, fresh fruit and scrambled egg delicious.
The rate was very reasonable.
Una is a lovely lady and will do all she can to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
Una gave me a lift near to the train station which is a short journey from my home, service beyond the call of duty.
Thank you Una for your hospitality and looking after me.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a high standard.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fareham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Myself and my husband travelled to Largs the weekend of 20 April for my Mothers 80th birthday celebrations. I picked 16 Charles Street to stay for the weekend for several reasons, but the main one being the fantastic reviews on here, all of which Una more than lived up to. I cannot say enough how helpful Una was to me before our arrival, as I was trying to plan a family party from 500 miles away, so she helped me with all sorts of things, recommendations, useful phone numbers etc....a truly helpful hostess...!!! Our double room was great, and we loved the spacious and quirky en suite. Lots of little extra touches in the room which were appreciated...toiletries (I forgot to pack shower gel so this was especially useful), tissues, hairdryer, and a lovely welcome tray with nice biscuits..! Fresh towels every day too!
Breakfast was fantastic, and lots of it, my husband was very pleased to taste proper Scottish Lorne sausage and decent black pudding!
I wouldn't look to stay anywhere else in Largs in the future, Una is indeed the Hostess with the Mostest, and I would highly recommend a stay here to anyone.
Thanks Una for all your help, a great stay and making us feel at home.

Room Tip: Brilliant location, quiet but also central for everything.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Largs, hostess was extremely welcoming and friendly upon arrival. Pleasant reception area and lovely room. Very clean, well furnished with a number of nice homely touches and all necessary amenities. En Suite bathroom was fantastic with a good, powerful shower. We were given directions by Una (our hostess) to the wedding location and our own key to come and go as we pleased. Breakfast the following morning was excellent, made to order with a nice array of trimmings. We would thoroughly recommend this accommodation to anyone planning a trip to Largs, and would certainly visit 16 Charles Street again in the future.

Room Tip: The en suite double room was very comfortable, with good facilities.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Booked this b&b in order to visit relative in Largs. Accommodation excellent, couldn't fault it. The breakfast (and you could pick the time you wanted it) was better than 4 star hotels we have stayed in. Una (the hostess) couldn't do enough for you. 5 star treatment. Will be back if we have to find accommodation in Largs again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our room and facilities were very comfortable. A superb welcome from our hosts. Great shower room and the breakfast was excellent. We would highlyr recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very well appointed with easy access to town and beach. The rooms were very clean, bright and comfortable. We were treated very warmly all throughout our stay and pampered to at breakfast. Would return again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We had a warm welcome in this B&B just 100 yards or so from the seafront. Our family shared three confortable rooms on the first floor and enjoyed an excellent breakfast. While the views on the seafront are excellent, and this B&B is well placed for the ferry to bute, travellers should be warned that dining options in Largs are limited.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to 16 Charles Street? Share your experiences!