“Quiet,peaceful and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Kilbride
scotland
“Quiet,peaceful and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight to celebrate to celebrate husband's birthday.Very pleasant room overlooking sea.There is as major refurb going on at the moment and smell of paint noticeable in some corridors.We ate in the Orangerie Restaurant at night and had one of our nicest meals ever.We asked for a window seat which was not a problem,as it was Sunday the room was not busy.The young servers were efficient and pleasant.My husband had the slow braised beef and said it was the best piece of meat he had tasted in a long time.Prices were very reasonable.Would certainly consider eating here again.Breakfast in Aura lounge also very good.All in all a lovely stay in s relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Refurbished sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed overnight at Seamill hydro, from the moment we arrived the service was fantastic. All staff were so friendly. We stayed in a suite room which was very clean, modern and spacious with a large bathroom. We made good use of the leisure facilities which we found very relaxing.

At night we booked in to eat in the Orangery, the food, and service was again fantastic. I recommend the scallops they were delicious! The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was also fantastic.

After we had dinner we went to the Aura lounge where a lovely man behind the bar made me up a cocktail as I couldn't decide what I wanted he was so helpful and friendly. The bar reminds me of a city centre bar you would find somewhere like Edinburgh, but much more peachful!

We had a great nights sleep which had fantastic views of arran and the water, it was so peaceful at night.

In the morning every member of staff greeted us, and the menu has a fantastic breakfast range available we were stuffed.

After we checked out we had a meeting with Norman to discuss getting married there, what a lovely man he is, he showed us all around the venue and we could really see ourselves getting married there. We fell in love with the place and I only hope Norman is working our wedding day hes truly brilliant at his job. Even now if I call with any wedding queries hes more than happy to help and genuinely takes an interest as to how we are getting on with our planning. All staff really take pride in their job and its so nice to see people working with a smile on their face and nice manners.

We cant wait for our wedding day next year!

Room Tip: All rooms are being updated but I do suggest asking for an updated room incase you get an older one...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Menue never changes now three weeks into it, tried room service received cold,explained to room service items cold the usual " sorry about that" replaced two items but by the time it arrived the fish was cold...............Next week trying another hotel...........

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Origin Events managed a conference at Seamill Hydro in March of this year and were very impressed with Norman (GM) and his team, every single member of the team were helpful, cheery & friendly....every request was carried out! The refurb has been carried out to a high standard and as for the food....it was delicious! We would recommend this hotel and would certainly use them again #thankyouNorman :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a stunning location right on the beach. Breakfast was excellent, the gym and spa facilities were perfect for me. Evening meal was excellent. My only gripe was my very dated room. The photos of the rooms on the website are nothing like the room I had. Mine was In desperate need of refurbishment. I was here on business but would definitely return for pleasure - although I'd make sure I was getting a decent room

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mauchline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I recently stayed here overnight as part of a conference I was attending at the hotel. My room was pleasantly decorated, clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a good deep bath and a great shower. I did feel it a bit cold during the night but Im not sure if that was the room or myself as I had a dose of the cold during my stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful and provided great service and the food was excellent too, I didnt hear any complaints from my group.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to hold a seminar/conference or looking for a quiet getaway in a lovely setting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed in a suite in the hotels Erskine block, Room was beautifully designed and decorated,bed was comfortable, pillows were a too soft for my liking though,Good choice of teas,coffee,hot chocolate and shortbread in room,with a mini fridge for your own items.Comfy couch that doubles as a couch bed,There was a table with chairs looking out over an amazing view of the sea.Bath/shower room is very well done all modern very good size. Staff were exceedingly friendly at all times and very helpful. Leisure facilities are great with some of the most modern changing room I have ever seen. Lockers that use wireless tokens to lock,Touch control showers,Blade hand dryers. Pool was brilliant including the Whirlpool area which was very relaxing.There are two restaurants/bars in the hotel, one is the Orangery which is the Proper restaurant food is amazing staff great, The other is the Aura bar/lounge where breakfast is served for hotel guests. Good choice at the continental buffet and the cooked breakfast was superb, pot of tea was massive and there was also orange juice as well, Would definitely recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Suite blocks situated away from the main block by a 1 minute walk
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HydroManager, Guest Relations Manager at Seamill Hydro, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Stuart,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and excellent pictures.

I am delighted that you had a brilliant stay and you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. I am sure future guests will be pleased at the detailed description and images you have posted about our Arranview suites we have within the ground of the hotel.

We have some excellent staff working with us here at the Seamill Hydro.

Thank you once again for you amazing 5 star review and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Kind regards
Claire Palmer
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Seamill Hydro? Share your experiences!