“Hen weekend fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Kilbride
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hen weekend fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

16 of us stayed in the suites for a spa weekend.
I'd have to say some of the Saturday reception staff not the friendliest I've ever come across which is a shame as the restaurant leisure club and spa staff are so friendly and chatty.
My treatments were done by Ellise who does the best back massage thank you so much my shoulder is back where it should be. All hens loved their treatments not a bad word said. My only thing would a massage that good needs a relaxation room to recover from!
Big guy in the restaurant on Sunday morning very kind to hung over girls. Even if he didn't let me have 6 of those lovely glasses!!
The rooms are really comfortable and the beach is perfect for a walk or paddle if ur brave enuf. The views are stunning. All in all a lovely hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Late booking to stay at the Seamill Hydro - reception staff were very pleasant and the decor has been upgraded throughout the hotel to a high standard. Our executive room was a lovely size with good quality fittings, however the bath water was not even warm and took five kettles of boiling water to make it bearable. The bed sheet was clean but had a mark on it - staff did offer to change it. The jazuzzi-type area of the pool was cold however this is due to it using swimming pool water (not the fault of the hotel). The leisure facilities were also overrun with children - it was school holiday week so perhaps not a big surprise, however the adult only admission times are late in the evening when most guests, ourselves included, were going for dinner. The food in the Orangery was nice and service was efficient however our main courses were not piping hot. Overall we felt that the hotel has been renovated to a good standard but promises more than it delivered on this occasion. We did advise staff of our gripes and spoke by telephone with the manager however on balance we will unfortunately be staying elsewhere..

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked a 2 night midweek stay in the suites section of the hotel. At first glance i thought that this section of the hotel looked a little like university halls from the outside. However inside was really nice with a good standard of cleanlines throughout. Bed was a little hard for us but you cant cater for everyones preferences all at once. The facilities in the main hotel were excellent with great service and good quality food across a couple of different bar and resturant settings. We used the pool, very clean once again and the hotel has impressive looking plans to extend the leisure facilities. We were blessed with nice october weather which helped a lot too. All in all a very good stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back

Room Tip: Sea view if you can get one
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HydroManager, Guest Relations Manager at Seamill Hydro, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Graham,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your 2 night break with us and the weather was kind to you, I hope you managed to see across to Arran, as on a nice day the views are spectacular.

I am pleased that the facilites we offer here at the Seamill did not disappoint you during your stay, as a family owned hotel we try to cater for everyones needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kings Stanley, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have used the hotel on many occasions over the last 10 years. With a location right on the beach there is always a great view across to the island of Arron. The staff are very attentive and helpful. Alway a great variety of food available in the new restaurant, with many local sea foods. Rooms are well equipped with tea/ coffer making facilities and great sun sets! Gym and pool excellent to de-stress.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doctor Phil,

Thank you for your kind review.

Always a pleasure to read reviews from loyal returning customers who have been staying with us for many years either on business or pleasure.

I am delighted you enjoy staying with us and I hope this will be the case for many years to come.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Firstly when I checked in and got my room key, the receptionist had given me the wrong number, so back to reception to try again. On first inspection the room and view was good, but obviously the person prior to my stay had decided to cast around the room and the bathroom, and, even though I have no requirement for a hair dryer the dust was sitting thick on it. The handle on the bath closest to the wall has never seen a cloth. Unfortunately the service didn't get much better in the bar/restaurant. The ambience is good and the decor very pleasing but service and cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thnk you for your review.

I am sorry on reading this we have failed to meet the high standards we strive to deliver within the housekeeping area of the bedroom and service in restaurant and bar.

I would appreciate if you were to contact myself at the hotel to discuss further so I am able to investigate your concerns and take further action to ensure no guest is left as disappointed as you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

01294 822217
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location. Great staff. Food was tasty. Breakfast porridge was delicious. Only minus point is the spa. The water in the jaccuzi was so cold! I realised it was the same water as the main pool! Over all a lovely weekend!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

Such a lovely review, I am pleased you had a great anniversary break.

Our jaccuzzi is not actually a jacuzzi it is a turbo pool which is at the same temperature as the main pool, but that did not stop you both having a wonderful time and hopefully returning again very soon in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went there on a Sunday night and I git a really good deal through laterooms.com. We knew we would be in a non-refurbished room but despite this the quality of the room was very high. I shall highlight the excellent cleaning standard all throughout the hotel.
As for the spa and diner facilities they have clearly been done recently and are of very high standard. All this complemented by a very friendly and helpful staff made our stay a wonderful experience. I can only recommend this place.

Dear Mathilde,

Thank you so much for your excellent 5 star review.

This was a wonderful review to read and a delight to have you stay with us at the Seamill Hydro.

I hope after this visit you will not be stranger and I for one look forward to seeing you around the hotel very soon.

I will ensure your lovely comments are shared with the team.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Seamill Hydro? Share your experiences!