had to visit Lossiemouth on business at short notice, and booked a seaview room here for a very reasonable £75. After i booked it had a quick look on tripadvisor and wished i hadnt, but it was only for 1 night - how bad could it be?
Bad. Although parking is advertised, there are only about 8 spaces and i ended up having to park out on the road.
The hotel has really seen better days, decor terrible, really old and tatty. Big room with a comfortable bed, but really in need of an update. However staff were nice and friendly.
Meal at night was just average. Prawn cocktail to start which was good. Main was rump steak and chips - meat very tough and took quite a bit of chewing!
Didnt have a great sleep - it was very noisy with what seemed like lots of folk tramping the corridors all through the night, sounded as they they were actually in the room. Breakfast was fine, but this is not a hotel i would chose to return to.
- Also Known As:
- Stotfield Hotel Lossiemouth
- Stotfield Hotel Lossiemouth, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at this family run hotel in Lossiemouth. A great relaxed family friendly atmosphere exists at this hotel and is frequented by many returning guests and locals alike. The breathtaking view from the front of hotel overlooks the Moray Firth and beyond to the Cromarty Firth and to the hills of Caithness. The hotel is directly opposite the ancient Moray Golf Club, and is ideally situated for exploring the Coastal, Castle or Whisky trail, as well as being well situated for visiting the cities of Inverness and Aberdeen and surrounding area. The Stotfield Hotel has recently undergone a refreshing transformation of many of its bedrooms and also the ground floor guest area. However, this historic hotel retains many of its original character and features from 1895, including the fantastic sweeping staircase and period revolving front door. During your stay you can enjoy free access to high speed wireless broadband, free car parking (limited) but most of all comfortable and relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Stotfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.