“You are made very welcome form the minute you arrive.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
*WINTER RATES AVAILABLE*
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Forres
DAN1
“You are made very welcome form the minute you arrive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The owners of this hotel make it the best small hotel we have ever stayed in.
We arrived at the hotel to be made very welcome by Lloyd (Owner) who helped us in with our luggage and introduced us to his wife Julia and then showed us to our room and explained everything in full so I cannot understand why someone could say that they didnt get a good welcome as I personally saw the same happen to the couple who arrived after us!!
The menu has great choice and the food is fantastic which is cooked with passion by the owner (Lloyd) who takes great pride in what he does and will bend over backwards to please.
The owners are a lovely couple and really do take time out to add the personal touch to this hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bonnie Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Fab place, Jules n Lloyd make you very welcome! The hotel is luxurious but in a homely way. You can not stay at Cluny Bank and eat out for you would miss one of the best meals of your life, both the quality of the food and the entertainment! It's brill!!! Can't wait to get back! Our girls, Abbey n Lucy , love it ! ( they are dogs!)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Isle of Skye
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Myself and partner stayed for 2 nights during January and i have to say was the best place i could think off spending two very cold nights in Winter. After arriving later than planned due to unexpected delays on the road we were greeted with a friendly face and a nothing is too much trouble manner. Working in a Rooms with Restaurant on Skye you would think i would be used to seeing people, but i'm not. As soon as we arrived i was at ease and very happy to ask any questions. We were shown to our room which was absolutely gorgeous (and huge) and the bathroom was lovely. I had requested a bottle of champagne to be put in our room for arrival and there it was ready and waiting. Perfect after along drive. Dinner was well, words cannot describe out of this world does not come close. Having a pre-dinner drink in the lounge while looking at the menus was a perfect way to start the evening. Any questions we had Lloyd and Julia were on hand to answer. It was great to know where all our food came from. Having no desert menu and having Lloyd come personally to your table is a lovely intimate touch. After dinner we went back to the longe and had a few (too many) Whiskys while chatting away to our hosts. We were told of many place to go and see around the area which made it very hard to decide where to go in the morning. Breakfast was great with the cold buffet and hot options. Many people may think its abit early but in my experience many people like a early Breakfast whether they are leaving that day or staying on. Our second night was just as fantastic as the first and we didnt want to leave. Overall the Hotel was amazing, the food was out of this world and our Hosts were fantastic. Funnily enough we have rebooked for 3 nights in June. Counting down the days.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

If I was running a hotel I would welcome my guests with a smile and look after them.

This hotel was cold, unwelcoming and had none of the nice touches. We ran out of milk for the in room drinks but didn't get any replacement biscuits with the milk. Breakfast finished at 0900 (Probably for their benefit - not for guests). We were late leaving (1030) and were hurried along for the cleaners benefit.

The istructiions on how to find the hotel are ill thought out and show inconsideration of strangers to Forres.

£100 was poor value and we will not return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
jazz1957luke, Owner at The Cluny Bank Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Oh Dear, I wonder which hotel you will try next as ours was the third one you had tried.
In our defence, firstly check in time is 3pm as stated on the confirmation that was sent to you. You arrived at 2.15 pm, no request for ealy check-in. I myself was there to greet you and before I could get a word in you complained about the directions to the hotel, I explained that unfortunately we are not allowed to have directional signs to the hotel. I showed you to your room and as the heating had just come on at 2pm to warm the rooms for 3 pm check-ins, granted it was a little cool and this was explained to you at the time. You or your wife did comment on how nice the room was. I informed you that breakfasts were 7am until 9am and check out was 10.30am and the reply was that you would be in for breakfast at 9am. I was helpful in reply to any questions you asked and showing you on maps the best way to go. I also ensured that arrangements were made for you and at all times was polite and courteous.
The following morning on the day of check out we waited until 9.15 for you to arrive for breakfast and I then left the cold buffet items out until 9.45am. At 10am I received a request from your wife for some milk and duly brought some round to your room. I am really sorry but I think that you will find that no hotel services a room on the day of check out and this is generally when things such as biscuits, milk, tea etc are replenished. You came through and paid your bill at 10.20am. At 11am, 30 mins after check out, you still had not returned your key and were not intending on departing, you also had not requested a late check out and I was compelled to phone through to the room as my house keeper had been waiting for 30 mins to get in the room to be able to prepare the room for our incoming guests, she also had an appointement at 12 noon. It was 11.20 when you returned the key.
All our rooms are supplied with two bottles of mineral water, Penhaligon toiletries, 4 types of coffee sachets, three types of tea bags, milk, brown and white sugar and Borders biscuits, plenty of fluffy towels, quilted toilet rolls, Freeview LCD televison with DVD Player, Radio alarm clock with IPOD Docking station, direct dial telephone, extra heating and welcome chocolates. Plenty of nice touches.
Better luck with your next hotel :)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed 1 night on business. Bed and breakfast was very good value. Room spacious, warm & comfortable, dvd player a welcome bonus. Dinner was expensive but exceptional and the highlight of the stay. Would like to return for a weekend break.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Best weekend that we have had in Scotland. The setting was quaint and charming, accomodations were lovely, food was AMAZING and Lloyd and Jules couldn't have been kinder. We have never felt so welcome after taking one step into the hotel. We will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a short , two night break in October.

All of the previous positive reviews are well founded.

This is a superb small hotel, with a very friendly atmosphere. Our room was of the highest standard, tastefully decorated, and with flatscreen TV (including dvd facilities).

The owners went out of their way to ensure that everything was as it should be, and are very informal and welcoming.

We did not eat in the hotel in the evenings, but if the breakfast is anything to go by, then we are talking "first class".

This is a great base to use, if you are looking for a central location on the impressive Moray Firth coast.

I would also recommend this hotel for business users.

All in all, a first class establishment, which I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cluny Bank Hotel? Share your experiences!