“Very clean and well organised.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lilybank Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamlash
Lilybank Guest House
You added Lilybank Guest House to your Saves list
Isle of Arran, Lamlash KA27 8LS, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Lamlash B&B and Inns
North Yorkshire
“Very clean and well organised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Spotlessly clean room, tasty breakfast, friendly service (though clearly biased towards golfers!) slightly weedy shower and very thin walls. The guest fridge is a good idea and the tea in the rooms was delicious - Yorkshire tea - excellent choice.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canby, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Lilybank Guest House in Lamlash is a lovely place to stay while on the Isle of Arran. Right across from Lamlash Bay, our room had a great view out to the bay and the Holy Island. So enjoyable to sit at the window, sipping Lochranza Single Malt, and nibbling Arran Cheese. Colin and June are efficient and gracious hosts who serve a grand breakfast. We wanted to stay four nights, but they only had three available, so they helped us get good accommodation next door for our last night. With all of Isle of Arran so easy to get to, Lilybank makes an excellent choice for any visit to the island.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms with a view even if the tariff is a little higher.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lilybank is in a lovely position in Lamlash. They supply very thoughtful guest facilities such as a guest living room and a fridge for everyone to share. However, I have to say I thought my room was looking a little tired, although originally very prettily decorated. I found Colin most helpful and welcoming, however I too found the breakfast service well, a little terse. I do a great deal of solo travel, but I have to say both breakfast experiences didn't rank highly in terms of being made to feel welcome, when it appeared a great deal more effort was being made with other guests who were in pairs. This didn't rest well with me considering I'd been charged extra for single occupancy. I rarely feel uncomfortable in my single state, but unfortunately this time I felt distinctly 'spare.'

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Spotlessly clean rooms with spectacular views of the Holy Island and comfy chairs. Very reasonable rates include a huge delicious breakfast with lot of choices. We enjoyed eggs and salmon and kippers. Guests facilities include a communal fridge to chill out your packed lunches or beers from the local brewery. Colin and June are excellent hosts and we will stay at Lilybank again next time we visit Arran.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

After a bad experience on Kintyre it was so lovely to come to Lilybank. We booked the room for those with limited mobility and it really lived up to its description. My disabled friend found it the easiest shower to use that we have ever found in a guest house. The food was excellent and June and Colin were prepared to do all they could to make our stay pleasant. We hope we may go back one day and will recommend this guest house to all our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 7 are on the ground floor. If you have a mobility problem room 7 is great
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful time in Arran.The lilybank guest house was such a great finde ,Colin and June made us feel so welcome, perfect hosts.They have thought of everything down to a fride in the residents lounge to keep your win chilled.The location is one of thebest on the island,looking over the Holy Isle.The rates are so resonable that we are going back in september and really looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Sea view if you can.
west yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked two rooms at Lilybank for my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. It was just for two nights as they were attending my wedding at Lamlash. They could not praise it enough, Colin and June are fantastic hosts and could not do enough for them. It really put my mind at rest that they were somewhere clean, comfortable and friendly. The breakfasts were fantastic and views from their ensuite rooms were spectacular. I would not hesitate to book here again, maybe for myself next time! Thank you Colin and June!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lilybank Guest House? Share your experiences!