“Lamlash Bay Hotel Bistro - Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Lamlash
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian themed restaurant newly refurbished with booths and comfy seating with views to seaside, serving hand made authentic Italian pizza and breads, salads and starters.New menu to be launched March 2010 to include steakhouse grill and local fine cuisine.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lamlash Bay Hotel Bistro - Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Are here on the Bank Holiday weekend.
Food was good and I loved the Garlic Pizza Bread.
My wife had the Fish & Chips which was beautifully cooked.
This place is known for it's Pizza's and if my Garlic Bread was worth going by, then they will be excellent. Prices were good with us having 2 starters, 2 mains, coffee and a bottle of wine for @ £45.00. Recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lancashire
“Good, just a few issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have dined here quite alot. Our experience varies each time.

Bare in mind, it is boiling hot in this restaurant, as the pizza oven is in the restaurant itself. We asked twice if someone could open the windows, the first girl said yes & then walked out of the room. A different waitress opened them for us. Once the windows were open, we all cooled down slightly.

We asked for a toddler chair (toddler, not baby) - we were given a plastic babys highchair - the plastic tray didnt come off so once my daughter was in, we struggled to get her out! She started crying as her legs got stuck :(

Once she had got out of the chair in one piece & calmed down, a waitress brought a wooden toddler chair with no tray, so she could actually eat at the table with us - much better :)

I ordered garlic & chilli prawns - £6.50 (ish) quite pricey to say I got 5 prawns on my plate.
My fiancé ordered antipasti - it was swimming in oil.
I ordered the prawn linguine £10.95 - I asked for a lemon on the side, as I once had too much lemon in the pasta, I received a slither of lemon. The meal itself was quite good but way too over priced. A simple pasta dish for nearly £11?
My fiancé ordered the chicken version - £10.95 & he couldn't finish it. He said it was very sickly,
My daughter had a pizza which she finished.

The waitress who forgot to open the window, also forgot our drinks twice. But she may have been new.

It is a lovely restaurant, but not the best experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

would definitely recommend booking a table for the early bird meal for a family. the set menu for the kids which included a drink and an ice cream was brilliant for them. the four adults in our group found that the menu had something to offer every ones taste. Everyone enjoyed their food and we'll definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good food and half price between 5pm and 6pm. Gets very
busy then and it pays to book a table. Friendly staff and good
meals even if not Happy hour

Visited August 2013
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Food at the Lamlash Bay Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent food and service. Try the steaks and particuarly the peppercorn sauce! its fantastic! really enjoyed our meal.

Visited August 2013