“A great night away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brodick
Ayrshire, Scotland
“A great night away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed at Auchrannie in the Spa on several occasions. Can't fault it. Will be back. Enjoyed lovely meal in Brambles. Staff very friendly and helpful. If not taking a car you can arrange for their minibus to pick you up at Brodick Pier. Breakfast - very fresh. Tremendous selection.

Room Tip: If staying in Spa ask for room on top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Girvan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

It was my first time in Arran we stayed in the auchanrannie resort the hotel was very clean snd tidy staff were very helpful and the restaurant food in the hotel was good we also eat at the sea food restaurant brambles which was situated in the house hotel in the grounds the food was really good I would recommend this restaurant

• Stayed June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for a friends wedding and would not hesitate to return. The room was beautiful and spacious, very clean and perfect as a 'family' room. The restaurant was marvellous, wonderful food and great staff. The choice and range should satisfy most! We also made use of the soft play area, the terraces, and pool. We found all of these to be very clean and everyone we came into contact with were polite and friendly- they couldn't do enough to help. We really enjoyed our stay here- the truth is if it hadn't been for out friends wedding we wouldn't have considered coming here. We enjoyed our visit so much that we will be coming back next year for a longer stay. I thoroughly reccomend both the Isle of Arran and the Auchrannie to couples and families alike.

Stayed May 2014
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

There are two buildings - an older building with Brambles and 1869 restuarants, and a newer building a few steps away. I booked online, and we were housed in the newer building in a biggish room for the whole family. However, the room seemed to be adapted for disabled people, with handles in the bathroom and the tiniest sink I ever saw in my life! Mentioned this at the desk - they are apparently erecting a new building for families, and if I had called, they might have housed me in the older building with interconnecting rooms - worth bearing in mind!
Resort itself is set in lovely grounds, with a heated pool and leisure centre, which has badminton/tennis/basketball/table tennis, as well as a play barn behind for the little ones. Short walk to the castle, along the beach, which is lovely.
The dinner allowances and the Kids Eat n Play package works well - the two restuarants on site are excellent, and we went over the allowance only by a little, in Brambles especially! Both restuarants have no problems with children.
Breakfast is served in Cruise on the first floor, with fabulous views and a well stocked buffet.
Despite dodgy purple swirly carpet which is not for hangovers, would return again!

Room Tip: We stayed in 108 in the new building, but call and ask for interconnecting rooms if going with famil...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our stay was fantastic! The resort and the island are amazing. Clean comfortable rooms and the food was beautiful. All the staff we met were friendly, helpful and very nice. We had our evening meals in The Cruize bar every night, we did plan to go out every night but after having our first evening meal there we didn't want to go any where else! Fresh and beautiful food at a fantastic price what more could you want all sat wile looking at the amazing view. We can't wait to go back even if it does take us 6 hours to get there it is well worth the journey!

• Stayed May 2014
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My big 40 treat was made special by the plush hotel room and setting and my husbands fantastic company! We had 2 celebratory meals over our 2 night stay and at this level of dining we expecting excellent service and food. Brambles Restaurant was cosy, with very good food and staff giving friendly professional service. Cruize Bar and Restaurant was extremely disappointing, more so as this was a once in a lifetime weekend trip and meal for a big birthday, and the small errors that were made were understandable but were dealt with poorly, leaving us wanting to get out of the place as soon as we could :( Firstly a key ingredient was missing from my meal, we were politely offered for a replacement meal or the veg to be provided in a side dish, so all fine as handled well by the waiter. Next a drink my husband ordered didn't arrive. After 10 minutes or so he chased it up and it came quickly. However another drink arrived 10 minutes or so after this, with the waiter expressing 'Sorry I forgot'. When hubby said he had already got the drink the waiter looked bemused and stated 'what will I do with this?'. Being in a celebratory mood I said I was sure we could manage to force another drink down and that we'd take this one too. After our main meal staff started mopping the floor beside us and setting the tables for breakfast which made us feel rushed. I was considering cocktails or something in the bar but after an undrinkable espresso (which I know can be difficult to get right but expected a 4 star hotel to), and the rudeness of staff decided to just leave instead. Wanting a good evening I decided not to give any feedback about the terrible espresso and just to leave it undrunk for the staff to make their own assessment. However, a waitress asked us how the espresso was and my husband told her it was 'pretty poor' to be met with 'oh well, I'm glad it wasn't me that made it'. Then the bill was taken to us before we asked for it which made me feel incredibly unwelcome and we were asked to check it over and she would be back shortly with one for us to sign. A 10% discount had been applied to the bill for the food but the espresso was charged for. No discussion or explanation was given from the staff about the billing which I found rude. A different waiter (our 5th that evening!) came over and asked if the bill was ok after 15 minutes or so. I said I thought someone was coming over with one to sign at which point he rudely said he would get it now. The waiters manner was exceptionally rude so we decided just to get out and mention the bad experience on checkout as we didn't want to further ruin a special night out. We walked past a group of 4 or so staff in the gangway, on our way out and not one of them said goodnight. Not wanting to ruin the night further for my husband, who had gone to a lot of effort to organise the weekend, I suggested having drinks in the main hotel when all I really wanted to do was go back to the hotel room as I was left with a bitter feeling after the Cruize experience! As it turned out the bartender was very friendly at the main hotel bar and although we were aiming for a more lively night, relaxing drinks in the lounge were just the right note at this time. Great choice of whisky's too! On checkout my husband said everything was good apart from a night at Cruize which was not taken on at all by the staff member, who just said 'oh right'. We checked out and on reading the card to provide feedback asking us to tell trip adviser if we'd had a good experience and to tell the hotel if we hadn't felt a bit confused. Husband filled in online feedback and after providing details of the negative experience was sent an e-mail assuring us that this was an isolated instance. On looking at other reviews this would appear to be the case but it doesn't mean its ok for us to be the small percentage who don't matter!!!. I would expect a 4 star hotel to perhaps do something a little more personal: perhaps a handwritten note or offer a complimentary drink on our next visit or another small token offering. Overall the positives of our stay were overshadowed by very poor customer service at Cruize and when providing constructive mixed feedback. However thankfully my hubbies fabulous company made the Big 40 one to remember.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a bath so if you want to relax in a bath make sure to ask for one with a bath...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RS_General_Manager, Manager at Auchrannie Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, and I was very sorry to read that you felt let down by the number of ‘small errors’ and the way in which they were treated by our staff. As we pride ourselves on customer service, I can only apologise and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived (10 am) we were welcomed with open arms and booked into our room straight away. We were met with the most lovely receptionist called Kirsty who couldn't have been more helpful. Room was beautiful. Spa is amazing as was swimming pool. Beautiful views and an idyllic setting. Climbed Goatfell on 2nd day of stay and the Hotel kept a note of when we left and our mobile number in case anything happened which was very responsible I thought. Ate in Cruze Restaurant and food was lovely. Again the staff couldn't havebeen been more helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend this amazing place. Felt so welcome and came home feeling so relaxed and despite only being there 2 nights, we felt like we had been there for 2 weeks. Go go go!! Amazing place! !

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Auchrannie Spa Resort? Share your experiences!