“Amazing! Will Be Back ASAP” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auchrannie Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brodick
Auchrannie Spa Resort
Auchrannie Road, Brodick KA27 8JZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Brodick
Scotland
“Amazing! Will Be Back ASAP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ok I had written this review using my iphone and it disappeared, so here goes, again!

Travelled to Arran on Sat 8th Dec by ferry, there was 8 of us and we were all extremely excited about our Christmas night away. We were not disappointed. I am going to review Auchrannie in detail in order that my readers appreciate it as much as I did.

We were picked up at the ferry terminal by the Auchrannie mini bus and taken directly to the leisure resort.

We were checked in very quickly and I do apologise to the gentleman who had the pleasure of checking us eager beavers in, we sort of rushed him in our anticipation!

Upon entering our twin room, myself and my sister, let out squeals of delight at the room before us. We had 2 great sized single beds (very comfortable too) complete with a separate sitting area with a double sofa bed that was also a bed if required for extra people or children. There was a fabulous amount of space in the room, complete with a flat screen tv, there was a huge dresser with ample space to put out all our belongings. Adequate power sockets throughout the room too. There was a huge wardrobe that had extra pillows etc as well as an ironing board and an iron. In the mini bar were 2 complimentary bottles of still spring water and a complimentary bottle of bubbly, which was opened instantly. Only thing missing was a docking station for our ipod.

The bathroom was fresh, the towels even fresher, complete with Arran Arromatic products. The power shower was amazing.

Our Christmas party night began with a 3 course meal being served in the Cruize bar, the service was fabulous and didn't lack attention even with the amount of people there. The food retained it's quality despite the fact the chef was cooking for over 100 people. We were attended to at all times by our waiter.

The entertainment that followed the meal was great, catering for all music lovers and going back a few decades on request. One negative here, would be, if you are not quick after eating, then you will not be seated next to the dance area as there isn't enough space, which meant a lot of people were forced to remain at their dining tables. The dancefloor was pretty small too. But this did not affect the quality of the night and is merely an observation. Our rooms being down the corridor meant that we could retreat there for some time out every now and again and to deal with the sore feet lol or in someones case, to watch the X-Factor final :-D

After what was one of my best nights sleeps in any hotel, I woke up and the power shower worked its wonders and blew away any chance of a hangover. Breakfast was just as delightful as dinner had been. There was something for everyone, from fruit, to salmon, to cooked items, you name it, it was there. I took full advantage of the breakfast and devoured a healthy setting.

No sooner was breakfast done and we had rebooked for 2013.

This Christmas party night was the best I have attended in 9 years of trying various venues for a Christmas party.

We were driven back to the ferry terminal and intended on catching the 11am sailing, however, due to adverse weather conditions, the sailing was cancelled until 2pm. This did not dampen any spirits, instead it offered us the chance to sit and reflect on our fabulous night at Auchrannie.

I can't wait to go back and intend on taking my daughter there sometime soon. She's 6 and will love the play barn.

Thank you for a first class, second to none, service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RS_General_Manager, General Manager at Auchrannie Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks for posting a detailed review following your 'Party Night' at Auchrannie. It's really great to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves, and that you'll be back!
We look forward to seeing you in 2013!

818 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Girvan, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked a two night stay at Auchrannie throuh groupon for an affordable relaxing break with my husband. Was extremely pleased with the service and facilities that the resort offered from pick up at the ferry port to drop off. Wev stayed in thev resort and there was work being carried out on a new spa but did not affect our stay at all. The rooms were large and very comfortable with everything you needed. The pool was lovely as was the steam room and sauna. We dined in the Cruize bar both nights and the food was amazing as was the waiters/waitresses. The lounge area also in the Cruize bar was great to sit in after meal and have drinks and relax and chat. listen to music or watch tele. I would definately return with our son next time as there is lots to do for kids also.

Room Tip: the only downfall but didnt affect our sleep was when in room you could hear guests in room above wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here a wee while ago, in summer of this year, and I wanted to share my experience for the benefit of light sleepers everywhere. We bought a twin room weekend 'deal'. We found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. The bath was deeper than your average bath at home and there was a plentiful supply of hot water - so I had a great soak after a trek to the Buddhist retreat.

We found all the staff to be very attentive and enthusiastic. We were quite frankly blown away by the setting, ambiance, service and food quality of the restaurant eighteen69. Cruise, the 'family' restaurant at the spa resort provided an outstanding breakfast with a huge variety of options. I felt the options at dinner were a little limited for a vegetarian. I chose vegetable tempura, which was disappointing.

The main reason for my posting was to warn people not to book rooms on anything but the top floor if they are bothered by noise. There was a wedding party on the top floor, the one above us, and they were walking about in bedrooms and talking in corridors til 5am. We did not sleep a wink! We were given a minimal discount when we complained the next day, but frankly, I would rather have paid more and had a good night's sleep! Suffice to say, the quality of build is poor and there is little, if any, soundproofing between floors.

Room Tip: Choose a room on top floor for a better night's sleep. Avoid wedding parties.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a review following your stay in the summer, and I am sorry that the disturbance from the rooms above you spoiled your stay. As you state, there was a party of Wedding guests staying with us at the time, and unfortunately they appear to have been over enthusiastic. I do apologise for this, and hope that this has not deterred you from visiting again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We spent a wonderful 2 nights (3 days) in auchrannie spa resort & would recommend it to anyone.
The staff were friendly & helpful, the room was clean & comfortable & the location was lovely & peaceful.

Everyone raves about the food & with good reason...Cruize is great! Good choice (not terrible for my vegetarian girlfriend either), well presented & beautifully cooked all served by friendly & efficient staff...and all reasonably priced.

Taking the car is expensive but pretty much necessary if you want to see Arran & not just Broddick (& its local attractions). Or, do what we did...for our short stay the carpark at ardrossan was 2 pound per night & once we got to Arran we wandered around the local area (arran aromatics, broddick castle, gift shops, feed the over-friendly ducks) while we had daylight & enjoyed the resort & its luxuries in the evening.

Go, you'll love it.

• Stayed November 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My partner and I took a groupon offer to Auchrannie for a few days, he loves Arran that was why we decided on this offer, Had a fab time could have stayed longer only 2 nights not enough. We stayed at the spa resort rooms very spacious lovely and clean everything you need, The food was delicious and breakfast was excellent!! Great place to chill and relax with all the facilities, Staff were friendly and helpful. We will definately be going back! GREAT

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We purchased Groupon vouchers for 4 of us but 4 friends decided to come to and they paid full price which was still reasonable for the facilities offered.
Our age group was mid 20s to late 60s and we all found plenty to do and to enjoyed our stay very much..
We had a great welcome when we arrived, fantastic food at reasonable prices and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The buffet breakfast was a bit cold but still tasty.
The bedrooms are spotless and the bed and pillows were really comfy.
We went in November but still had some wonderful walks and would definitely go back in the warmer weather,
The only thing I would suggest is take a poly bag when you go swimming as there are no costume dryers or bags for the swimming costumes and mine dripped all the way back to my room.
We found the chocolate shop in Brodick on our way back to the ferry and if you like chocolate then this will be heaven for you, the chocolates are delicious and the Xmas selection is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Erskine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My young family decided to take a short Groupon break to this resort that we had known nothing about previously.
It is a very clever thing to do, to get people through the door, and experience what an awesome place this is. The repeat business the Groupon deal will generate will be massive.

There are two places to stay, the Spa, and the House Hotel. We were in the Spa.
The first impressions of the outside are great, with a quality feel to it all. All staff I was in contact with we're great and seemed genuinely happy to help.

The room was above average sized and was more than worthy of four star status. A mini fridge with complimentary spring water is a nice touch. There was also a 32" TV!

The Spa itself is better than many I have visited, with decent pool, good toddlers pool, and steam room/sauna/foot bath and a strange wooden bucket on a bracket filled with cold water, ready for an unsuspecting wife.

Groupon price was great, and the full price is good value. I can't wait to return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Auchrannie Spa Resort? Share your experiences!