“Arrive early for the ferry and relax here” 5 of 5 stars

The Pier, Brodick KA278AU, Scotland
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Brodick
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, British
Description: Busy coffee shop located at Brodick pier, ideally situated if you are waiting for the ferry and want a snack, a meal, or simply a coffee and cake from our selection of freshly ground coffees and home baking. Open all year round, 7 days a week, plus evenings in summer.
Scotland
“Arrive early for the ferry and relax here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On Arran for a few days and needed a place to meet a colleague - very generous pot of tea and a soft fruit scone; the coffee was good too. Sampled their excellent soup and only wish I could have tried other food from the menu - it all looked very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had some time to kill whilst waiting for the ferry back to Ardrossan and wanted a Fish Restaurant. We found a take-away fish shop but really wanted to eat in. Next door to this establishment we found The Copperwheat Cafe. As it was late in the afternoon (nearly half five) we asked what time they closed and was told six o'clock. They said that they were still doing full meals, even though everyone else in the cafe were only having snacks. Naturally we went for the fish, chips, peas, tea, bread and butter.
I have to say it was without doubt one of the very best fish meals we have ever had. Top quality fresh fish and beautifully cooked chips and peas.
This meal will be long remembered

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Easy to overlook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Easy to miss this place (it's in the row of shops opposite the pier) and it doesn't look much from the outside but was pleasantly surprised when we went in. Good point by previous reviewer, this is no greasy spoon!

Arrived early for lunch (although they open earlier, they start serving from their lunch menu at midday) but no problem. Prompt service. The homemade soup was delicious, the bacon rolls were well filled and the toastie wasn't bad either. Had a look at the cakes but didn't order - looked good, mostly traybakes.

I should point out that we didn't notice this place coming off the ferry - it was their sandwich-board at the little bridge that alerted us to it. Give it a try.

• Visited June 2013
Largs, United Kingdom
“Nex time on Arran, will come again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Well me and my family visited Arran for a long weekend for Mayday. We noticed the coffee shop as we left the Ferry. Now I love my steaks, and since on holiday, time to not be penny pinching! We went on the Saturday, and I know my steaks, this was top quality steak! We went again for our lunch before leaving for home on the Monday, and again really delightful with the most relaxing interior! The coffee was lovely too, and apparently it's because the beans are ground that day keeping it as fresh and flavoursome as possible! You learn something new everyday, but whenever I have a coffee now in Starbucks or Costa, I always wonder "Wonder if they...!" lol

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Livingston
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Sometimes when you assume the owrst you get a pleasant surprise.

I had kind of expected the Copperwheat to be a greasy spoon catering to the ferry customers and getting away with poor quality. Not at all though, the twice I have been in I have been very please with the quality of cooked food and cakes. Good service too.

Can't beat it for a quick coffee or lunch before your ferry.

• Visited February 2013