“Absolutely perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Brodick B&B and Inns
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had a genuinely wonderful stay at the Belvedere over New Year 2012 right in the heart of Brodick. The room was lovely, extremely and a very good size. Jan & Chris couldn't have been more accomodating, giving us the option of breakfast or brunch as New Year is a time of sleeping in after some late nights. The food was lovely, very fresh and plenty of it with lots of choice. We were kept up to date with all the events happening across the island. Really can't fault it and we thought the room rate was very reasonable indeed, especially at such a busy time. A great big thank you for real Island hopspitality.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get a room due to a cancellation. Book well in advance if you can.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and experienced a very satisfaying time withing the Belvedere B&B. We were met with a warm welcome and were thrilled with the view of room 1 where we stayed for one night. They provide a lot of information about Arran for new comers like us. We recommend it and would happily go back.

Room Tip: You get your money´s worth when paying extra for the view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
wirksworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed at 20 B&Bs en route from Lands End to John o'Groats by public transport. Belvedere was highest price of 20. But room was among most spacious we had with seats to look at great views. We looked for comfort, quiet, service as well as value. Belvedere met all requirements.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Armagh,N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We have just stayed in Belvedere B & B in Brodick. The owner, Jan, was more than welcoming, the breakfast was fantastic and did us all day!, the shared tables at breakfast led to lots of interesting & lively conversations, we were not pressurised into taking any of the treatments or to attend Jan's son's restaurant. We did go there after meeting a couple in Lamlash who said it was so good they were returning for a second night. We stayed with our student son and a good time was had by all. His single room was much nicer than many he has stayed in and for a fair price. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms. The ones with a sea view are more expensive. We booked late and had a twin d...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We only stayed one night on our tour of the isles, but found our room at the Belvedere very comfy, with the bonus of a heater you can put on when the central heating isn't going - so many other places don't allow guests to get warm when they need to! We hadn't realised it wasn't en-suite but the bathroom and another loo were nearby so no queues to use them. The views from the living rooms are superb. I was surprised that, given the spiritual nature of the hosts, the decor was plain and eclectic - although a bit of a relief to my partner who was wondering if it might be all a bit too new-age. Me, I like a little new-age. Very pleasant hosts, convenient for town and a lovely walk round the bay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The rooms and meals were prepared with great care. You can tell they have put a lot of thought into all the little details. I was met with a warm welcome. I wish I could have stayed longer on Arran - if you are in Scotland its worth a good visit. My only small ''irk'' was the note inside the trash can that asked that you take your newspapers and magazines home with you because they didnt want to have to pay for throwing them out. I just thought it a bit ridiculous for a place of accomadation to ask you to take some of your garbage home with you. That is me being a little picky and I would still highly recommened this to my fellow travellers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I would highly reccommend this beautiful guest house. It sits in the hills of Brodick, about 5 minutes walk from the ferry terminal and has views to die for.

I had a room with a view and it was a delight to watch the sun go down, and rise again in the morning.

The couple who runs the B&B are hugely accommodating, letting us leave a bag on our last day - to collect before the ferry. I also requested breafast outside on the beautiful terrace, with views of the bay - and this was no trouble at all.

Speaking of the breakfast!? My goodness gracious me! A large selection of delicious meals. The full cooked Scottish breakfast was a really good start to the day and everything was cooked to perfection.

I loved my stay at The Belvedere and will go back as soon as I can!

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom with a view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Belvedere? Share your experiences!