“Need to be consistent” 4 of 5 stars

01770 303 886
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Modern restaurant serving the very best of Arran's top quality produce, including island cheeses, lamb, fresh fruit & vegetables, ice cream, ales and whisky.
London, United Kingdom
“Need to be consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for a birthday lunch for my Mother who is 91, it was part of a day trip to Arran. I had booked on line and received a nice reply asking me if there was anything special that they could put on the menu for my Mother. On the day the restaurant opened at 12 noon which was the time we had booked for, our party of four were the only customers that lunchtime, this can be off putting but the atmosphere was good and the terrific views of Goatfell and the seafront made it seem special. I ordered 4 Kir Royale's but the champagne had not been chilled properly but they were otherwise nice. My Mother opted for the smoked salmon soufflé to start and I've never seen a bigger portion! It looked nice and light and fluffy and had plenty of salmon in it. The other starters were Haggis and Apple salad which were slightly disappointing the baked apple was nice but the haggis seemed to lack something. The main courses were a small Arran Chicken, Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce, Fish and Chips and Salmon with leeks and a cream sauce. I had the steak which I'd asked for medium rare however it really was medium, the vegetables were really fresh and the peppercorn sauce delicious. The hit seemed to be the Salmon with leeks and my friend raved about it all day. All in all it was very enjoyable and I can imagine it will be very busy in the season. Small things stopped it from being excellent but it was very good value for money and we would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Scotland
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had dinner for four on Saturday night. Lovely food, great friendly service and good value for money.

Visited March 2013
“Fantastic, what Brodick had been needing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went here for my dinner last night & felt compelled to write an immediate review!

The welcoming we got from the most pleasant waitress was second to none. As it was a Wednesday evening it was quiet but the atmosphere was very relaxing with a lovely ambience. I had 3 courses (I couldn't not!), my pâté was amazing, sirloin was perfectly cooked & sticky toffee pudding finished the meal of nicely!! My boyfriend had prawns to start followed by venison but he couldn't quite fit a pudding in!

We are staying at Auchrannie but opted to eat out & weren't disappointed!!!

We also visited Arran last January & were looking for somewhere like this to eat but unfortunately it wasn't quite open.

All in all fantastic experience & I have nothing negative at all to say. Well done & keep up the good work!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

this is a quiet restaurant on the small coastal town of Brodick, and looks out to the bay. We arrived a little late and so were the only ones in the restaurant, but we treated very well. The restaurant had a nice selection of wine, and various specials. I had the roasted lamb, sourced locally by Arran lamb, and it was by far the best lamb I have had prepared at a restaurant. My fiancee had a fish dish which she was very pleased it. Definitely a top spot for a meal in Arran.

Visited September 2012
glasgow
“Great food with a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Arran on a Plate is a family run resteraunt with great food great service and a great view. The menu has been reduced in recent time but the quality remains at the same high standard.

• Visited October 2012