“Superb meal” 5 of 5 stars

Auchrannie Road, Brodick KA27 8BZ, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Brodick
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Cumbria
“Superb meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great dining experience. Staff first class and seamless service.
The views are of course magnificent.

Visited January 2013

Motherwell
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A fabulous brasserie with a varied menu which meets all tastes. The staff were friendly, efficient, polite and very helpful - nothing was a problem! Time was given to answer questions about the Auchrannie resort and points of interest around the island of Arran. The brasserie was very clean and had a lovely decor. The background music enhanced the relaxed atmosphere. I would definitely recommend you eat breakfast and dinner in Cruize as the staff, surroundings and delicious food collectively made a lovely time. Thanks to everyone for their time, friendliness and efficiency. I hope to eat there again very soon!

Visited January 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent and Service and Food at Cruize Bar Brasserie, Arran”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I would recommend this bar brasserie to anyone. The food was excellent and the staff were so helpful and attentive without being over-bearing. The stunning views over the beautiful landscape just add to the overall relaxed atmosphere in the brasserie. During our stay we used the brasserie for dinner and breakfast and enjoyed the food on all occasions. The fish and chips were particularly good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 friends dined at Cruize on 1st January from a set menu (£27.50 for three courses) and, having been looking forward to it all day, we were all left feeling quite disappointed.

I have expressed my views directly to the hotel and spoke to the operations manager who was helpful and listened to my concerns so I won't say too much.

In general, our starters were good, but the mains and desserts were not great. We arrived at 7.30 and by 8.30 had got the bill and were booking a taxi back to our hotel in Lamlash. From ordering our 3 course meal to paying it took only 45 mins, which gave the dinner a feel of a conveyor belt cafeteria and suggested that the food had not been freshly prepared to order, which for the price we paid was pretty shocking. However the operations manager assured me that this was not the case at all and was as surprised as I that we were done so quickly.

Although the food wasn't what we had hoped for, we couldn't fault the service from the waiting staff who were warm and friendly. They helped turn this from a 1 star to a 2 star review.

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just been tonight for dinner, there were 4 of us and we all had a terrible meal. This is my complaint but there will be a few others. We had the set festive menu for £27.50 each. The starters we had were lovely, haggis Bon bons were lovely, and my partner and friends enjoyed their starters too....all good right? Wrong! Almost immediately my steak and ale pie with vegetables and baby potatoes arrived. The potatoes were dry, cold and just not edible. The parsnips, the 2 tiny ones that were there, they were cold, hard and just not right. The carrots, the 2 tiny ones I had we're the same, so I didn't eat them, the pie had hardly any meat in it and was luke warm. No out an oven.I didn't eat it. I did not say anything as I thought, well lets see if the dessert is any better, at this point I got up to use the bathroom, by the time I got back in 2 mins my iced drambuie parfait was on my table, it was a plate of melted mush, it was like this when it came to the table. The waiter came over to take the plates and I told him it was rotten! Which it was! Then some woman came over, Sheila I think her name was and made us feel really guilty for not complaining about the food earlier. I had said I did not want to I complain as I usually don't but she just said, you should have said sooner.....so now that we have complained she offered a drink for the table, we said no as we just wanted to get out of there. She said she would go and look at the bill. We did not see her again, but a waiter came over and said they would not charge for our drinks, which was 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine. We paid £120 for a fast food service standard meal that was not even as good as that. We hardly ate any of the food. I want to also add that our bread rolls at the start of the meal were rock solid and you could have used them as weapons. A 3 course meal of very poor standard of food served to 4 people in 45 mins! Shocking!! Iwill not be back, I feel robbed and so annoyed and Sheila actually made us feel guilty for complaining, never mind the drinks, I want my hard earned money back for this!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
RS_General_Manager, General Manager at Cruize Bar Brasserie, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to Cruize, and for your partner’s e-mail. Immediately on receipt of the e-mail, our Operations Manager contacted you via telephone. I can only reiterate the apology already given for the standard of the meals that your party were served, and as you can see from the many previous reviews this is certainly not the norm. We do like guests to make us aware of issues at the time of eating, and although we had a very busy evening, we have had no other complaints. We would have liked to have spoken to you prior to the Trip Advisor postings, however we thank you for your constructive comments, and we look forward to seeing you in April on your return to Arran.