“Window didn't even have a handle.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Queensferry Hotel

You added The Queensferry Hotel to your Saves list
The Queensferry Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Saint Margaret's Head, North Queensferry KY11 1HP, Scotland   |
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Window didn't even have a handle.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Arrived tonight about an hour ago and thought that it was a bit cold in the room (which has no heater), this being Scotland in December. When I checked if the window was open I was unable to close it and upon further inspection the handle had been removed from the window. There is mould on the bath tub and black marks in the sealant. There's a big mark on the wall near the door. Staff were generally pretty friendly although my booking hadn't come through when I arrived. This was pretty quickly resolved, but an additional unnecessary annoyance. 3 More nights to go but will see if it is possible to get moved to another hotel, would much rather be in a travelodge or premier inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Peterhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Brook Queensferry hotel and had a great time, luxurious large room, excellent food and extremely helpful staff, very impressive views, Shower with plenty of hot water, ample parking, central location for all Fife and Edinburgh. We will be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie P, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit. I am glad that you had a lovely weekend and have passed on your positive feedback to all my team
We look forward to your next visit with us.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just spent the weekend at this hotel. Reading previous reviews, I was a bit concerned. Arriving just after two on Friday last, we were met by a friendly receptionist who confirmed our room was ready. Aware of the differing room types, I enquired about the possibility of an upgrade to an executive room. She explained that the hotel was relatively quiet on the Friday night, but a large party was expected on the Saturday, therefore she had to do a bit of shuffling.My request was granted with good grace and the minimum fuss.Our room was warm, spacious, modern and comfortable. We had a King Size bed, great mattress, tea/coffee, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, seating area and a flat screen T.V. (all rooms now have flat screen). The bathroom was also large and well appointed.Views over the Firth of Forth and the iconic Bridges were tremendous. Food, both breakfasts and dinners, were plentiful and delicious. Staff lovely, caring and helpful. Could not ask for more. Will definitely return. Hotel being refurbished at present, so some areas in need of a little tlc, be patient, but overall we had a great weekend. We would recommend a visit as it is also within easy visiting distances of Edinburgh and Glasgow and of course in the Ancient Kingdom of Fife. Enjoy !

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the Firth of Forth for wonderful views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie P, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit. I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend and have passed your kind and positive feedback on to all my team.
And when you return I hope that you will see more of our improvements and experience a more enjoyable stay

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I attended a wedding at this venue recently. Where the ceremony and reception were held was quite nice and the food was very good. However, what I felt let the place down a bit was the room and how tired some parts of the place looked. When we arrived in the room there were lightbulbs missing in almost all of the lamps and a couple on the spotlights on the ceiling. I also tried to open the window in the room but the handle that would have allowed me to do this was hanging off. I eventually called reception and they finally came round and put some lightbulbs in the lamps. Just a bit of attention to detail in the rooms would have made a huge difference in this place. However, not too bad otherwise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am sorry that you found our rooms to be very tired. We are due to start a rolling program to update the bedrooms to improve the decor and windows and I am sure that the next time you visit you will enjoy these improvements

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a fantastic afternoon tea last Friday. We had been given a gift voucher for afternoon tea and weren't disappointed. The waitress allowed us to choose our seat and we had a lovely view over the River Forth. Our afternoon tea consisted of three types of sandwiches; chicken & onion relish, smoked salmon and egg. We also had fresh scones with jam and a pot of cream, strawberry cream meringue nest, lemon tart , profiteroles and table all beautifully presented. Our pot of tea was fresh and there was more than enough for a couple of refills.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie P, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Afternoon Tea with us at the Brook Queensferry Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and have passed your kind and positive feedback on to all of my team.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went for afternoon tea. We were shown to our table. Waitress took our orders for tea/coffee and returned with a tray with crockery and drinks which she promptly "dumped" on the table and left us to sort out for ourselves. When the food arrived it looked very nice but I would have to say that the sandwiches had obviously been made earlier and the bread was a starting to dry up. There was 4 of us paying for afternoon tea but we were only given 11 small cakes. I would have thought that there would be the same amount for everybody since we were all paying the same price. The website advertises a selection of tea varieties but we were not given a choice. The scones were delicious and the sandwich fillings were very tasty. Price very reasonable and if they could just sort out these small niggles it would be a fantastic place to visit. Lovely open views across the Forth. Hotel a little bit tired looking. Despite this constructive criticism I would probably go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marie P, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind review following your recent Afternoon Tea at the Queensferry Hotel. I am delighted that you managed to appreciate the stunning views that we have of the Firth of Forth and it’s Bridges.

I am only sorry that you were disappointed with the service in the restaurant and I have spoken to the restaurant staff about the importance of a employing a gentle approach when serving our guests .I have also passed your comments regarding the sandwiches and cakes to the Head Chef so that he can ensure that his team always make the sandwiches for our Afternoon Teas to order . Additionally, I have reminded my restaurant staff to offer the selection of teas that we have available.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the overall experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My Husband and I had our Wedding Lunch at this hotel recently, our Wedding was small and intimate with 35 guests, we chose the conservatory with the balcony. From the minute of planning our Wedding to the day of our Wedding the hotel gave great service. Our Wedding Coordinator (Kelly) and the Master of Cermonies (Anthony) were both professinal, accommodating and very polite. The Wedding Lunch was really lovely, with 3 choices of starter, main course and dessert to choose from and the presentation was fabulous. My husband and I would certainly reccommend this venue for the warm welcome and lovely staff it employs. Thank you to Anthony, your wfe and Kelly for all your attention to detail in making our Wedding lunch amazing, our guests were looked after the whole time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Marie P, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind review following your recent Wedding at the Queensferry Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your Wedding Lunch and have passed on your positive comments to all my team. I hope your next visit to the hotel will be as enjoyable.

Marie

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!