“Birthday Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freuchie
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

As part of my birthday celebrations tonight we went for a dinner at the Lomond Hills Hotel, Freuchie. I can honestly say the food was excellent; venue was inviting and the staff friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I had the steak and stout pie, my husband had lamb and the teenager had salmon fish cakes. We were all delighted with both the presentation and taste of our delicious meals. The teenager managed to in squeeze in a lemon cheesecake – which she described as to ‘die for’. We would recommend the hotel restaurant to all and know that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Close 12345!!!
Here at The Lomond Hills Hotel we are all so happy to read that your "Birthday Dinner" was a success and even your teenage daughter was happy. That is not always easy to achieve as I well know ha ha. It will be nice to see you all back again the next time you are in the area.
Best wishes and thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review. We do appreciate it.
Ronnie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently got married and had our dinner and evening reception at the Lomond Hills Hotel. Ronnie and the staff were simply amazing from start to finish! The meal was beautiful, the staff were brilliant and so pleasant, I cannot fault it one bit. Ronnie was also great on the lead up to the wedding, making sure all plans were running smoothly and always willing to help if we needed it. We had a little problem let's say with one of our suppliers but Erica from the hotel took time out from what she was doing to fix it all for us which we can't thank her enough for. She was a star!! Thankyou so much Ronnie and staff for a fantastic night. Keep up the great work. Lots of love Kerry & Kevin Small xx

• Stayed August 2013
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Kerry (and Kevin).
Many thanks indeed for such a great review!
We are all over the moon to read your comments after your wedding.
I know how many venues there are in Fife for a wedding reception so would like to thank you both for deciding to hold your big day with us at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
We would all like to wish you and Kevin health and happiness in your life together.
Best wishes and thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having stayed for a month I was welcomed on day one as a member of the family. The people in this hotel put everyone's needs first and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel has fantastic amenities and the staff are fantastic. The owners make you feel so welcome it's like being at home not staying away. The food is to die for always cooked to perfection and very prompt and friendly service.the hotel is located in a lovely village with a fantastic view of the Lomond hills, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a fantastic enjoyable experience instead of a room for the night. 5 stars from me

• Stayed September 2013
Hi Mark. What a nice start to the week to read your very kind review. I know it's not always fun spending lots of time in a hotel while working away from home. I am so pleased that we all looked after you during your stay with us at The Lomond Hills Hotel and may have helped you settle into your new job. I have passed on your comments to our staff to give them a wee pat on the back.
I hope your new career is a success and look forward to you staying with us again when you are in the area.
Good luck and thanks again. Ronnie.
Kinloch Rannoch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Attended my niece's wedding at the Lomond Hills Hotel last weekend and was bowled over by everything about this lovely hotel. The food was fantastic the service was excellent and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. Give yourselves a big clap on the back!! and keep up the good work!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hi Annette and very many thanks for your lovely review. I too think our staff deserve a pat on the back regularly for the great job they do here so I have printed your comments and put them on the staff notice board for all to see. Consider the clap on the back from you passed on!!!
We are all delighted to see that you enjoyed Marion's and Steven's wedding last week and returned home safely. Planning and running a wedding is hard work and it's great to know that it is appreciated by those attending. Hopefully everyone left with happy memories.
It was a joy to look after you all on the day and hope to see you back at The Lomond Hills Hotel in the future.
Regards and thanks again.
glenrothes fife scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank Faye & Ronnie and there wonderful Staff for our fantastic wedding and 2 night stay. Very efficient check in from Helen and Erica, our room on the first night was very clean and spacious even with having a double and a single with a roll away bed being added, plenty fresh towel and toiletry in bathroom, Our second night the roll away had gone and room had all fresh towels added and tea/coffees had been topped up. We got married at 2 pm in Freuchie Parish church and our guests made there way over to the hotel, nothing was to much trouble for the team at the Lomond hills hotel they were tremendous, always contending to every guests need. The wedding meal was superb and lots of our guests have commented on how delicious the food was, none of the pre packed rubbish , all home cooked in Robin the Chefs kitchen, thank you Robin and his merry helpers. I could not fault this hotel in anyway and will be returning as will many of my friends and family.

Thank you Faye & Ronnie and team, from The New Mr & Mrs Steven Edwards
We will be seeing you soonx

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Marion and Steve for your fab review!!!
I have shown it to all our staff, including Chef Robin and his merry helpers. (As with most busy kitchens, they are not always merry ha ha).
We are all so happy to learn that you, your families and guests enjoyed your wedding day here at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
It's very easy for us to look after nice people and that was certainly true last week. What a great bunch they all were.
I don't think the dance floor was ever empty, which is always a sign of a great night out.
I know you had a huge choice of venues for your big day and thank you for trusting us to do the job.
We would all like to wish you both health and happiness in your life together and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best wishes.
leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay, if only for one night. food & bar were good, nice comfy room. hotel is in a pleasant area, did not hear any noise at night & got a good much needed nights sleep.
I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello LeicestershireRob.
Just a quick thanks for your very kind review.
It's always great to get feedback from our guests after their stay at The Lomond Hills Hotel. I am delighted to learn that we looked after you and hope to see you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Best wishes and thanks again.
Fife Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just home from a weekend staying 2 nights in the Lomond Hills Hotel and I have to say this hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. The purpose of our visit was to attend a family wedding. The wedding venue was just stunning and all the staff were excellent, they were so friendly and could'nt have been more helpful. The restaurant food was impressive and the wedding meal was absolutely superb. The rooms were very spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. The whole hotel had a wonderful atmosphere to it and the local village is gorgeous, with fantastic views. The children just loved their time in the swimming pool and jaccuzi after Ronnie making sure they were kitted out with swimming gear, as husband forgot to pack ours. All in all a wonderful hotel, loved every minute of my weekend, Thank You to Ronnie and your team for making my Brother and new sister in laws wedding so memorabe :) . Lynne Ogilvie & Family

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Lynne and thanks for your fantastic review!!!
I'm delighted to see that you, your family and friends had a great time at the wedding. It is very hard work and takes lots of forward planning by our staff to ensure that such a big day goes without a hitch. We all get a kick out of hearing afterwards that guests (especially the bride and groom) leave content and with happy memories which last a lifetime.
It is easy to look after nice people and that was certainly the case for Marion's and Steven's wedding.
We also like to make sure that children are pampered as this allows the adults to chill out and relax.
We hope to see you all again soon and thanks again for your kind review.
Best wishes.
Ronnie and all the staff at The Lomond Hills Hotel.

Been to Lomond Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!