“Delicious starters, main curry and lovely fragrant rice- takeaway service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aangan Restaurant

Aangan Restaurant
76A , Crossgates, Cupar, Fife | Uk, Cupar KY155HS, Scotland
+(44)1334652998
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aangan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Cupar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cupar, United Kingdom
“Delicious starters, main curry and lovely fragrant rice- takeaway service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having frequented the Armaan many times as a sit down and takeaway service we chose to try out the 'New Place' (: Kolkatta Chilli Chicken as starters, the Goan Fish Curry and the Lamb Dessi (sorry if spelt wrong) as our mains came accompanied with fragrant rice, infused with cinnamon and cardamon- just as it should be. Really tasty, well spiced food. Definately a revisit due ... in fact got another last night !!! (: The only thing I would love to see more of on the menu is a wider variety of authentic street food. Ditch the euro blander (:

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A little disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Was very excited to find a new indian takeaway in Cupar, although the 'aangan' is taking the spot of numerous other Indian restaurants which have failed on an epic scale.

I'm still very open minded so was happy to try it, ordering a takeaway of pizza and a meal deal for one.

First of all, the plus points:

The lady on the phone was very helpful and polite.
Value for money was excellent, the meal deals especially were very well priced.
The pizza was Lovely.

Unfortunately, we had to wait an hour and 20 minutes for our food, but we were warned of this on the phone so were not too bothered.
The food itself arrived cold and lukewarm, but we did agree that this was acceptable because the place was busy, and it was a Friday night. We just popped it all in the oven to warm up ourselves.

The starters were delicious, the haggis and veg pakoras were lovely, the sauces and onion relish were all very tasty and full of flavour.
However, the rice that accompanied my curry (I presume this was supposed to be pilau) smelled and tasted VERY strongly of cinnamon, and it spoilt the taste a lot, as it tasted more like a sweet desert than a savoury dish.
I was very saddened and disappointed with the curry I ordered, 'south Indian garlic chilli chicken' which is a favourite of mine. However, the curry I got from here tasted literally like chicken cooked in jam, the sweetness set my teeth on edge. I couldn't taste any garlic, and not a hint of chilli at all.

I'm very good at soldiering through with food I don't love, but the jammy curry and sweet cinnamon rice were too much.

Overall, the starters were LOVELY but I just cannot rate higher than 2 overall due to the waiting time, food temperature and taste of the main course.

I will be trying Them again in case we caught them on an off day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The food was lovely but service slightly slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised as the food was amazing and value also! The only let down was service was a bit slow! (Even when it wasnt busy) maybe a staffing issue as there was only one guy on! However it was a fantastic meal and very tasty! Will definately be back! It was extra special as I have an extreme allergy which was not an issue an was given a massive choice!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere