“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Golf Hotel

The Golf Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crail
The Golf Hotel
4 High Street, Crail KY10 3TD , Scotland   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Crail B&B and Inns
sheffield
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had a Great Experience and fantastic service, I would certainly recommend them. The food was nice, well cooked and presented. The portions were good and tasted great, the entire experience (not only in the restaurant) was cost effective. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was very good for golf and the area had character.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
golfadmin, Owner at The Golf Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our food and portion size. It is nice to know that we can satisfy you and the majority of people who enjoy eating and drinking at the 'Golf'.

Kind Regards

Graham

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited the Restaurant tonight (02.06.13) We have been many times over the years as we have a holiday home and go every couple of weeks. We agree with all the other comments and this is the reason I am still giveing it a 5 star review.
Tonight I ordered the mushroom stroganoff, I cannot fault the quality it was delicious but I can fault the quantity, it was extremely poor, in my opinion it was less than a childs portion, this is not good as it is not cheap in the Golf Hotel to eat. Then we had ice cream and strawberries and the strawberries were inedible, which again is the first time this has happened. We will not let this put us off going back, hopefully this will not happen again.
I am writing this hoping the owner reads it, as I was also told he was the chef tonight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
golfadmin, Owner at The Golf Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that my food has been praised as we pride ourselves on good home-cooked dishes. As regards the quantity of the portion I think there might have been a communication problem, and perhaps you were given a pensioners portion, which is a smaller size.

As regards the strawberries, I can only apologise and I will liaise with our supplier to check the quality more thoroughly to stop this happening again.

I see you have a holiday home in Crail, and I would be delighted to meet with you where I can have the opportunity to discuss these issues with you personally rather than through a poor review on tripadvisor. Please contact me on 01333 450206
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed in the hotel a number of times and it's always been a great stay. The owner Graham and all the staff are so welcoming and really helpful. The menu has a lovely, varied choice of meals/snacks for all age groups, all freshly cooked and full Scottish breakfast is a must. The bedroom/ensuite facilities are immaculately clean, well appointed and on my last stay the room had been refurbished and was beautiful. This hotel is in a wonderful location for walkers, cyclists, golfers, drivers, anyone who wants to visit the region and also for those of us that just want a stress free break away from home :) Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and overall we were pleasently surprised with this gem of a hotel. it is situated on the main high street in crail in the centre of everything. Parking is behind the hotel. takes 5 mins to walk to the harbour and some beautiful walks.
booked in and shown to our room we were impressed with the size and just how spotless it is. our room had a double and a single bed with pristeen linen and lovely furnishings. the ensuite was modern and obviously recently refurbished and again spotless. you are clearly in a very old building but it has been done up beautifully.
we had a nice dinner at night in the restaurant which was freshly cooked and well worth the money and our breakfast was good too. clearly freshly cooked again. staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you!
My only downside was that we heard the other people in the next rooms being noisy in the corridors and knocking on doors etc. this is not the hotels fault though. it is an old building and the walls are not going to be as soundproof. that said it would not stop me staying here again and would definitely reccommend this lovely little historic hotel

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly hotel, pleasant welcoming atmosphere, great part of the country. We would definitely use this hotel again if we were having a break in Fife. Service was good and the staff were well mannered without being over attentive. We ate in the bar anf the dining room and found the food to be ample.

• Stayed March 2013
Scotland East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and have enjoyed it everytime.
The staff, and I mean all the staff, are friendly, very helpful and make you most welcome.
The management are ideal hosts and do all in their power to organise a great stay.
I normally stay in the hotel when playing golf in the area and they have never failed to organise suitable golf venues and tee times yet.

I will be there again in October and looking forward to it.

Happy Golfer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Coatbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been going to the Golf Hotel for the past 6 years with a group of friends for our annual golfing weekend this is a great place to stay, clean and tidy rooms a breakfast that sets you up for the day and a good selection on the menu for an evening meal friendly staff that make you feel right at home looking forward to meeting old friends again this coming may and enjoying a pint in this hotels quaint bar.

Room Tip: Ideal location even if your not into golf plenty to see and do.