My husband and I stayed here on a Couples Retreat package for our 18th wedding anniversary and had an amazing time. I have stayed before on a couple of occasions with a friend on spa packages so knew what to expect but was looking forward to visiting with my other half this time.
When we arrived at 1pm our room wasn't ready but this was no problem as we just went down to the Spa and used the Thermal Suite before our pre booked treatment at 3pm. The treatment itself was amazing - all the therapists in the spa are so friendly and helpful and really know their stuff. It was nice to be remembered from my previous visits too. The hour and a half passed far too quick as always! Following our treatments we were informed our room was ready and were able to check in from the spa but on reaching our room we found that our bags hadn't made it there despite Reception telling us they would put them in when our room was ready, and someone had delivered flowers that my hubby had arranged for me. I phoned Reception as asked for our bags but, after a wait of 20 minutes, I made my own way to Reception, in my bathrobe, and collected them myself.
This is a very minor niggle in what was otherwise an amazing overnight stay - the Garden Suite we stayed in was lovely although I agree with a previous reviewers comment re the plastic stirrer - why no teaspoons?
We had a lovely three course meal as part of our package, and then breakfast and a two course lunch the next day following a foot treatment and some more time in the gorgeous Thermal Suite
All staff are very pleasant and attentive but special mention must go to Isobel and Heather in the Spa - looking forward to seeing you again soon girls!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 20 acres of land and overlooking two Lochs to each side, the hotel boasts magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and local 9 hole golf course. Lochside House Hotel is ideally situated for people wishing to tour Ayrshire and the outlying districts and also for those who would like to indulge themselves in The Spa at Lochside. The hotel was taken over in 1999 by Robert and Vivien Kyle and was extensively extended and refurbished to achieve a Four star rating from the Scottish Tourist Board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lochside House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lochside Hotel New Cumnock
- Lochside House Hotel & Spa New Cumnock, Scotland