“Return Visit Soon!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Cumnock
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Return Visit Soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a Couples Retreat package for our 18th wedding anniversary and had an amazing time. I have stayed before on a couple of occasions with a friend on spa packages so knew what to expect but was looking forward to visiting with my other half this time.
When we arrived at 1pm our room wasn't ready but this was no problem as we just went down to the Spa and used the Thermal Suite before our pre booked treatment at 3pm. The treatment itself was amazing - all the therapists in the spa are so friendly and helpful and really know their stuff. It was nice to be remembered from my previous visits too. The hour and a half passed far too quick as always! Following our treatments we were informed our room was ready and were able to check in from the spa but on reaching our room we found that our bags hadn't made it there despite Reception telling us they would put them in when our room was ready, and someone had delivered flowers that my hubby had arranged for me. I phoned Reception as asked for our bags but, after a wait of 20 minutes, I made my own way to Reception, in my bathrobe, and collected them myself.
This is a very minor niggle in what was otherwise an amazing overnight stay - the Garden Suite we stayed in was lovely although I agree with a previous reviewers comment re the plastic stirrer - why no teaspoons?
We had a lovely three course meal as part of our package, and then breakfast and a two course lunch the next day following a foot treatment and some more time in the gorgeous Thermal Suite
All staff are very pleasant and attentive but special mention must go to Isobel and Heather in the Spa - looking forward to seeing you again soon girls!

• Stayed June 2013
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel and Spa.

Feedback is most important to us, and we take all comments on board.

I am delighted to hear of how you enjoyed the Couples Retreat package this really is a great package and the team at the Spa appreciate your lovely words and can't wait to see you again soon!

Kind regards

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have just spent a wonderful night using a voucher for an overnight stay including a treatment each for both myself & my husband. Everything and everyone was great from start to finish! My husband was so relaxed following his back massage he was snoring in the relaxation room! My facial was the best ever! The staff in the spa were all so pleasant and lovely. Great food and again lovely staff in restaurant, bar & at breakfast- couldn't do enough for you. Must not forget the lovely reception staff & the cleaners- room 28 was spotless! Will be looking out for future offers & will recommend to everyone! You should be very proud of all staff- oh and not to forget the 2 gardeners we were speaking to, they work very hard too!!

• Stayed June 2013
Robert K, General Manager at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always great to get such fantastic feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely words, we will pass this on to the team at Lochside.

I am delighted to hear of the high levels of customer experience you received and how you both enjoyed the spa.

Hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed on the 17th June - 19th June for a birthday weekend away. The location was breathtaking and a perfect location for a wedding. The hotel was lovely and all the staff were very helpful and efficient, especially the girls who worked in the Spa. The vitality pool was just awesome. A special thank you to Stephanie who gave us our treatments. It was definitely one of the best facials we've ever had. We would not hesitate in going back as its now become one of our top favourite places to get away. Can't wait to return. Thanks to everyone at Lochside again who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a fantastic review of Lochside House Hotel and Spa, its reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

Great to hear of your return visit and how you were looked after by the team at the spa, they really do appreciate your lovely words and can't wait to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed on the 22nd June as we were guests at a wedding. Wedding was fantastic -mostly to do with the guests in attendance and the organisation of the bride and groom but the food was fab and the service was great throughout the day. Gorgeous setting for a wedding (ceremony and reception) and would definitely recommend an overnight stay as part of the experience. We had booked a standard room at a rate of £95 and 'standard' describes the room perfectly. Clean, functional with everything you'd expect from a hotel room - with a good view of the loch, bridge and gardens to bring it up a touch. Our friends booked a suite (£135 room rate). This was definitely a more salubrious choice, though not sure if it was worth an extra £40. Was a nice day and we were able to enjoy a few drinks in the room with the patio doors open. Room was big enough to accommodate 11 of us so not bad!

Had an electrical problem in the morning after the wedding and had to 'phone down to reception. I was told problem would be dealt with "straight away". No more than a couple of minutes later, true to his word, problem was dealt with - excellent.

Breakfast staff were extremely busy on the Sunday morning but their attitudes were all great and friendly. Food was great too - just what the doctor ordered!

Price wise - probably a bit overpriced for a standard room and a suite - captive audience? But I can't fault the staff, food or surroundings. Would love to get a wee deal for the spa and I'd go back with some girl friends next....

Room Tip: I'd pick a suite next time if it was on a good deal
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel, feedback is most important to us and we take on board all comments.

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed the wedding and the breakfast served in the Afton Restaurant.

Hope to see you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed her on the 20th June for one night including spa treatment. From start to finish it was a wonderful trip. Check in was fast and our room was ready before 2pm so we were allowed access. Our treatments were booked for two but because we were running a little late they moved them back to allow us to have lunch first. The treatments were wonderful and there was no really heavy sell at the end to purchase the products. The food in the restaurant was first class throughout and there were no complaints from us. One disappointing thing was there were no real leisure facilities and as the hotel is remote all you could do was go for a walk in the gardens which by the way are immaculate. Will definitely go back again

Room Tip: Garden suites are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

Five star review.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel and Spa. Feedback is most important to us it’s great to read such a fantastic review.

I am very pleased we were able to be consistent in providing you with the great service we give to all of our guests and the team at Lochside House Hotel and Spa really appreciate your kind words and we can't wait to have you back again soon!!

Kind Regards,

scotland uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here on the 21st June, for 1 night it was a wee night away just me n hubby so we thought with all the great reviews this would be the ideal place. We booked one of the suite it cost us £150 including breakfast. Check in was fast then went to our room (29), i was hugely disappointed as it was not what i had expected i thought the room would have been bigger, to me it seemed really dated, there was a small patio area, with 2 chairs n a wee table.
The windows of the patio were dirty...the extractor fan in bathroom didn't work and also the plug in the sink was broken, air con wasn't working, so had to sleep with patio door opened which wasn't ideal The atmosphere in the hotel.. well there was none, it was boring. Breakfast in the morning was lovely with very efficient staff. I voiced my concerns on check out and it was dealt with very professionally i was given a refund of £50, which i thought was a nice gesture, reception did say it would be looked into, but however i do feel that it was £100 wasted as it was not an enjoyable stay. Oh and finally, the hostess tray, i really wasn't expecting to stir my coffee with a plastic wand, a proper spoon would have been nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback in relation to your recent visit to Lochside, although I am disappointed with your experience.

Our Garden Rooms, added to the Hotel 2 year ago along with our Spa facility have certainly never been reviewed as ‘dated’ with their plasma televisions, luxurious super-king size beds and quality bedding and linens, although this is something we will take on board. With regards to the maintenance points, we have addressed these matters accordingly as stated on departure.

At Lochside we have worked to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere throughout the Hotel, catering for the wide variety of guests we welcome. Whether you want to spend time dining in our stunning restaurant overlooking the surrounding lochs, or being pampered in our ESPA spa complete with treatment rooms and exclusive thermal suite there is always something happening at the Hotel, many enjoy simply people watching. Alternatively for our more active guests, we are set within stunning countryside and next to a 9-hole golf course.

Once again I am sorry that Lochside has not met your expectations and I would be delighted to hear from you direct robert@rad.ltd.uk

Hotel Proprietor
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for two nights in May this year using two 5pm vouchers. I simply cannot praise it enough. The grounds, Spa, rooms, restaurant, all the staff, food and wine were terrific. I am not really a spa person (having visited Stobo Castle a few years ago and was disappointed) but the staff here are so down to earth and incredibly talented I will most definitely return. We both had an intense facial, full body massage, I had a pedicure and my sister had a manicure. Every treatment was outstanding, I had Lindsay first for my intense facial which included a fantastic head, neck and shoulder massage, she was superb. The next day I hoped it would be her again, but it was her day off so I got Lisa who I'm delighted to say was just as good and was happy to have her the next day for my pedicure. The staff are so discreet and listen carefully to your likes and dislikes to adapt your treatment to suit your needs. I look forward to future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lochside House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!