“Quality as always!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Quality as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have visited here a few times on our travels and watched the place expand and improve over time. It really is a fantastic place in a fantastic setting. Staff are friendly and helpful. Food is excellent and there is plenty of choice. We will most definitely return again and may even take advantage of the hotel and spa facilities in the future.

• Visited March 2014

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had afternoon tea in the Afton restaurant. Lovely setting glass of fizzy and a lovely cake stand filled with sandwiches cakes and scones. real treat everything fresh very good value. My only disappointment was the tea pot which was very small managed two very small cups of tea asked for more tea but was charged for this maybe have bigger tea pots or complimentary refills. friend had one cup of coffee and had to pay extra for another cup.
Overall lovely place fantastic views lovely food. Will definitely return

• Visited February 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Special Effort and Fab Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my first time eating at the restuarant at the Lochside House Hotel, however my family come here on a regular basis. I am wheat free, and I was dissapointed to find that they don't display their menu on their website becasue I like to know if I am able to eat anything before I arrive - although I imagine that they may change it on a regular basis and this could be why?

The hotel itself is in a lovely location, overlooking the loch (which we couldnt see becasue it was dark and wet) but during the day I imagine it is a lovely view. The hotel is also decorated to a high standard.

The waiting staff were attentive and I asked a few questions about whether various items had wheat and whether I could substitue things on the menu. The head chef came out to see me - Nicola Irving - and explained that she could change things for me so I could have what I wanted. I said I would like the chicken Fajitas but obviously can't eat the wheat wraps, so I was asking about the chips - which were unfortunately not wheat free - but Nicola suggested she could make me some wedges, which was great, and said if there was anything else they could do then they would. Which was a nice touch.

We all had 3 courses, and there was 5 of us. So we tried a lot of food on the menu! 2 lots of Chicken Tempura, 1 haggis stack, I had the goats cheese grilled from the Specials menu and another had the goats cheese brushetta, all were to a high standard. Mains were Chicken Korma, 2 fillet steaks and the venison sausage and mash, plus my fajitas and wedges. Steaks were perfectly done, and my fajitas were very tasty.

Deserts were 2x Sticky toffee pudding, 1 creme brulee, and 1 ice cream, I had the rasperry ripple sundae, which was really really good. The ice cream tasted like it said it would with plently of flavour - we tried the salted caramel and the cinnamon.

We also sampled some of the cocktails, the Lochside Cooler was a favourite of mine but the Basil Grande also was a hit for those that like something a little less sweet.

Overall, this was a great first experience of the hotel, and we'll no doubt be back for special occasions. I do think that Nicola - the head chef that was on that night deserves special recognition for making me feel that I could eat something safely and that it was no hassle for her to prepare something different as it so often is in other places.

Definately worth a visit.

• Visited January 2014
east ayrshire
“no tips for the staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went here with my family for a meal, beautiful setting and a really nice meal, 4 people 2 courses with drinks £80. first class service from lovely pleasant staff who couldnt have been more helpful but who DO NOT GET THEIR TIPS, apparantly the tips they do get, subsidise their wages. If i am tipping waiting staff it is beacause THEY have provided a good service, i would expect my tip to go to that person as an extra.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stewarton, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great Festive Menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Enjoyed a super lunch in the Afton Restaurant in early December. We chose our lunch from the Festive menu which offered a great choice and at a very reasonable price. As ever the quality of the food was excellent and the service superb even though the restaurant was quite busy. Unfortunately, it was a rather miserable rainy day so the view from our window table was a bit disappointing but everything else more than made up for the view!

• Visited December 2013