My husband and I enjoyed dinner bed and breakfast in the Old Inn during Feb 2013. We arrived a little before check in time and the reception staff were really helpful and we got our room quickly. Overall it was a lovely experience. It is the type of place that you have to embrace just the way it is.
The rooms are a little worn and it does not have the usual control luxuries of a new hotel room such as a room heating control. However, the rooms are cosy, even in winter, and they decor is relaxing. I would definitely recommend staying for a relaxing break. Our room had two windows as we were in a corner at the rear of the hotel. The room overlooked a wooded area and the outdoor area of the bar. It felt very private and was very quiet although it was a Sunday night and there were no functions on at the hotel. The bathroom was fine. It had a good shower, and was clean although it did smell a bit musty.
The restaurant has strange decor but the staff were fantastics and the food was lovely at both dinner and breakfast.
All in all, I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to others. Just be aware that you are not going to a new, perfectly maintained hotel but it can offer a lovely relaxed feel with open fires, friendly staff and a comfortable room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step through the doors of The Old Inn to experience nearly 400 years of history. The Old Inn is the perfect retreat for both business and leisure. The Old Inn offers extensive and charming hotel and catering facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions, business meetings and conferences, training courses, holidays and short romantic breaks and weekends. Each bedroom is uniquely styled and the Lewis Restaurant offers fantastic local produce at reasonable prices. The hotel is four star accommodation and the food is to two AA Rosette Standard. Lewis won the Taste of Ulster 2011 best restaurant in Ulster this year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland