“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy Cottage B&B

Ivy Cottage B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballynahinch
Ivy Cottage B&B
You added Ivy Cottage B&B to your Saves list
51 Ballykeel Rd., Ballynahinch BT24 8UF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Ballynahinch B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This B&B is situated in a wonderful location. It is set in a rural area that is very quiet and relaxing and yet very comfortable in terms of getting around and site-seeing.
The owners are very nice and welcoming. The hospitality was wonderful, the rooms spacious and clean.
We spent 18 days in Ireland and Ivy Cottage NI was one of the best accomodation we encountered.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was another return trip for me and, amazingly, everything from the fantastic welcome, great rooms, the peace and quiet of this rural location to the food, is still absolutely brilliant! A real home from home really, so Phyl and Ron, thanks again for a fantastic time. I look forward to staying with you again sometime.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I so enjoyed my time with Phyl and Ronnie in the Ivy Cottage B & B. I had hoped to return again this month but unfortunately have had to put that trip off. Beautiful gardens graced this clean, tastefully decorated establishment. They were quite accommodating with my request for vegetarian breakfast--which was, by the way, delicious. I have wonderful memories from my four nights in this charming place with these delightful people.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at Ivy Cottage on an 8 day golfing and sightseeing holiday with my wife. The bedroom was spacious but the bathroom was bijou (the host words) in fact it was in a cupboard and so small you could not dry yourself. The rate charged for 2 nights was the same which turned out to be 15% higher than any other B&B we had used during the holiday. On returning to our room for the second night we discovered the room had not been touched. My wife took the dirty cups down to the owners and asked for them to be cleaned. She was informed that they do not do room service when the doors is closed but did change the cups. Without doubt a well decorated and furnished B&B but with the high price and no room service for a longer stay it fell short of the 5 other B&B’s visited during our holiday. We cannot recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

As my boyfriend and I were going to a wedding in the nearby Larchfield estate, we thought it would be lovely to stay somewhere closeby. I had looked on tripadvisor, and had seen that this little b&b was warmly recommended. We were slightly concerned that the fact that the b&b was located on the road would be a problem, but it didn't turn out to be. We were greeted by Phil who showed us into a gorgeous room with an en-suite. The room is very tastefully decorated (the one depicted on the website) and the en-suite, though quite small, had all you needed. Phil had booked the local restaurant (The Pheasant) for us on the Friday which was absolutely wonderful - the food and wine delicious and a dessert to die for! Breakfast, which was served in the dining room, was excellant, and the 2 small dogs were delightful! I would definitely recommend this B&B. You are made to feel quite at home & the owners are incredibly helpful & will book taxis and restaurants if you ask them to.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
The North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Service - excellent, catering for your every need. Good advice on local area.
Rooms - spacious bedroom beautifully furnished. En suite; a little small. Giving full marks for cleaniness.
Location - Remote area, ideal for country walks and the quiet life. Nice restaurant / bar nearby though

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

This was a return trip for me, my last visit being in July 2009. Ivy Cottage is still an outstanding place to stay. Phyl and Ron make you feel so welcome and nothing seems too much trouble. My room was excellent as were the facilities. The opportunity to have an evening meal is very welcome, especially when on business as so few other places offer this. Breakfast is fantastic with everything cooked to perfection. Thank you both very much and I hope to stay with you again in 2010!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Ivy Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!