“Beechfield Guesthouse” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Ballymena B&B and Inns
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Beechfield Guesthouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

18th May 2013 is when we stayed here for 1 night and first impressions were great.The front of the house is lovely and the garden is well maintained.It is very clean inside also.We were shown to our rooms and our friends weren't impressed with their bunk beds for two of them and a bed for the other adult male.Their wardrobe door fell off,but being blokes they just laughed about it and put it back on.I think a bit of handy work is needed because our bathroom door wouldn,t shut properly which was next door at Ashfield but we came over to the dining room at Beechfield for our meals.Overall it was very nice.The breakfast was nicely cooked and you got plenty of toast if you wanted it.Great host and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
boyle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

we were attending a wedding nearby and booked in here for one night. when we arrived we were immediately told we were going to be upgraded to a family room (the brambles) across the courtyard . we could'nt find fault with anything .. staff could not be nicer .. good, full breakfast served quickly. very reasonably priced, would have no problem staying here again..
J&M
Sligo

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The outside of the house is off putting enough without Being asked to Pay on arrival withc is a very Wrong thing to do these days even befor you have seen the Room, The condistion of the room itself was very poor Filthy Carpets, Old Woodern Furniture thay has seen better days back in the Eighties, And is Quite Literelly Fauling Apart Doors falling off and so on The TV sets are big very old and bulkey and the Digital System leaves alot to be desired Pitchers Breaking up and Freezsing it could do with either a far better Aireal or a Buster as the signal is terrable, there is a musty and damp smell all over the house witch could all do with being Redecorated there is also a smell from the drains in the Bathroom that has no big mirror either, The Breakfasts are not that nice Made with cheap ingredeance and the Waiting Staff and Manager continually keep circleing around in and out of the room Setting and Cleaning Tables wile you are Trying to eat the Food that you can Eat there is not really much more i can say and there is northink good that i can say about our 4 day stay at the B&B other than we wear glad to leave and get home we no that this Review is not good but atleast it is Honest,

Room Tip: stay in a good hotel that has a good rateing and not a run down B&B
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sleaford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at Beechfield at about 6 o'clock on a Monday evening. I had phoned the weekend before to ask if the hotel could get some Soya Milk for me for my breakfast. This is usually never a problem but when I arrived, the manager informed me that there would be a £10 admin charge if they bought the Soya milk for me!
I was speechless and my colleague was also shocked that they wanted to charge that amount for a carton of Soya. I ended up going to the local supermarket to buy it for myself.
The room itself was filthy, the carpet had stains all over it and when I mentioned this I was told that it was cleaned twice a year! It looked like it hadn't been touched in about 5 years!
The bathroom had cheap Lino on the floor which had stains all over it and the hand tail rail was hanging off the wall by a small screw.
The reception on the TV was useless and when the manager came up to look, he told me that the reception for BBC in that area was bad!
There was also a smell of stale cigarettes in the hallway and I realised it was coming from the office downstairs.
After 2 nights we decided to call it a day and checked into a hotel down the road called the Tullyglass which was superb.
The Beechlawn in my opinion, should not be allowed to trade as a Guest House/Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Derry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night and the owner who greeted us was very friendly. The decor of the questhouse is a bit tired looking and in need of updating but in saying that the rooms were very clean and spotless and white towels were provided. Breakfast which was freshly cooked was excellent. The rooms were not the warmest but this guesthouse is still very good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was attending a wedding nearby and couldn't afford to stay there. i booked the beechfield guesthouse as it wasn't too far. i was apprehensive about staying here due to some of the reviews, however the welcome i received was excellent. the room was nice, clean and comfortable and the staff i encountered couldn't do enough for me. i even got breakfast delivered to my room in the morning. i would definalty reccomend it and would stay here again. loved it :)

Room Tip: had room 1, was lovely :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked to stay here as I was going to wedding in a nearby hotel and it was cheaper. I booked it even though I read the reviews on trip advisor. I will admit that I was worried. However I have got to ask the other reviewers what kinda places are you used to staying in because for what I wanted it for it was grand. It had a front door, a roof and the bedroom I had was gigantic with an equally huge bathroom. yes the floor was creaky, if someone walked past my door I could hear them and there was the odd stain on the carpet but the bed at the end of a night of dancing was a good bed! I would totally recommend anyone to stay here if they were going to be in the area for a day or two. If you want the four seasons its never going to match your expectations but if your wanting somewhere cheap and cheerful to lay your head then its fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Beechfield Guesthouse? Share your experiences!