“Relaxing, very enjoyable and would definately stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tullyglass House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
You added Tullyglass House Hotel to your Saves list
178 Galgorm Road, Ballymena BT42 1HJ, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ballymena
Ireland
“Relaxing, very enjoyable and would definately stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I always like to have a warm welcome when I enter a hotel which I ceratinly did in the Tullyglass. My room was very comfortable and had all I needed whenever I'm on business. The corporate facilities were exactly what I needed, ie modern, convenient and aided superbly by the Conference Manager. A very pleasureable stay and I would firmly recommend it to anyone who looks for a hotel with high standards at a competitive price

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cloughmills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I had my wedding reception in Tullyglass Hotel. I found them very approachable, and they listened to what I had to say. I found that the staff payed great attention to detail when setting up my reception room and they couldnt be more accomodating. The menu selection was great and all of my guests complimented on how delicious their food was and how friendly the staff were. I was looked after by Chris who made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day and this took alot of pressure of me. I would like to say a big thankyou to Chris and all of his team who made my day very special.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
N Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

This was one of the most awful stays I had in a hotel in 2009. The hotel itself is quite run down and the rooms are old and shabby. The interior of the hotel in general is almost like being in a time warp, I have all the time in the world for old hotels but this one is just nasty and tacky. Reception area is right in the middle of the hustle and bustle and not very safe with regards information being read back to you about your address, tel no, card details etc. The room we were given was apparently one of the better rooms but bearing this in mind I shudder to think what the worst rooms were like. The bathroom door did not shut as the tiles had risen up off the floor so that the door couldnt pass any further than halfway. The beds were two singles pushed together and the mattresses were like sleeping on a marshmallow, they were that well worn you sunk right into them. The room decor was very badly finished in that the walls were damp and had plaster missing but some bright spark had just painted over the mould which was clearly visible through paintwork. Room had obviously recently been decorated as there were paint specks on the floor and skirting and under the dresser was the old wallpaper which they had not even bothered to paint over - I know this as I dropped my mascara under there but it was visible from the bed. The major problem was that at 3.30am I was awakened out of my sleep by a loud noise, it sounded almost like a bin lorry crunching rubbish but I could not see anything outside, this was fine but after another 2 hours of this I was really annoyed and very angry due to the lack of sleep. I couldnt close the window as the heating in the room was stuck at the on position and there was no way to turn it down! I then eventually got to sleep when the noises ceased only to be awakened around 6.30am again by the traffic as the hotel is situated on a main road. All in all I had about 4 hours sleep that night. We had room service bring us breakfast in the morning which was a pitiful sight and it was also cold. As soon as we got packed up we left, determined not to waste another minute of our time there. On checking out the experience was terrible, I voiced my concerns to the receptionist who basically said that there was a wedding in the hotel and that would explain the noise, when I explained about the traffic and the garbage noises she bluntly said she lived on that road and it was not noisy!!! UNREAL - Avoid this hotel at all costs. The Galgorm Manor is accross the road and is a sanctuary compared to this dump. I most certainly will not be back and would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone and as mentioned earlier confidentiality doesnt exist as staff members friends were hanging around the reception desk taking it all in while you check out in the morning!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
N.IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We decided to stay over after the works Christmas Dinner for a trial run as our wedding is here next year, I can only hope it goes as well as this stay. Running late as usual! We went for the meal first, I couldn’t believe the number of people in the room it is huge; there must have been more than 700 people there! My other half is on a gluten free diet and I had forgotten to let the organiser know so we expected it might cause a few issues. I told the girl showing us to the table and they very kindly sorted it out.

This has to be the best Christmas Party I’ve ever been to the atmosphere was electric, great food and the band amazing. I was worried that the service might suffer because of the number of people there but everything went very smoothly with all the courses being served to the table at the same time and warm! It was delicious.

I had upgraded the room to the bridal suite as a pre Christmas present and it didn’t disappoint. The bedroom had been redecorated since our last show round and looks incredible; we had a four-poster bed, our own balcony and a Jacuzzi bath! The bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to leave.

When we were checking out the man that had booked our wedding recognised us and stopped to see how the night had gone and how the wedding plans were coming along. I thought this was a real personal touch as I’m sure they meet a lot of people in a year. We had to go for a final nosey before leaving and couldn’t believe that the huge room was now set for a wedding and looked equally as impressive partitioned off as it had done the night before. When we got back round to reception the carvery had opened so we decided to stay for a while longer!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This has to be one of the worst run hotels i've ever encountered.....a total train crash!
The fine old building,the attractive grounds and the handy location give you a sense of expectation as you drive up the avenue. Once you get as far as the reception desk the illusion is shattered.We had the misfortune to be checked in by a young blonde lady,Jill by name,who was without doubt the frostiest receptionist on the planet. Where oh where do they hire the staff? Who,in the name of all that is holy,trains these people?When she finally acknowledged our presence at the desk she treated us as if we'd crawled out from under a rock.No welcome,no smile no effort at conversation....just a disdainful look that said 'Who ARE you people and how dare you interrupt my morning coffee?"
When we asked to change rooms,having been given one that was still being painted,fumes hanging in the air,we were basically told to like it or lump it! Charming!
The whole interior could do with a good facelift and makeover. The furniture and furnishings are all well past their sell by date and the general atmosphere is one of gloom.The word 'dowdy' springs to mind.
That evening when we returned to the hotel at the ungodly hour of 11-30 pm,(that's right a half hour before midnight) and asked politely if we could have a night-cap we were told ,by another member of staff who'd obviously attended the same charm school as Miss Frosty,that it was...."too late!". .....end of story.
Breakfast in the morning was one of the worst examples of the 'Buffet' notion that we'd ever experienced....fried eggs lying in congealed fat,undercooked greasy bacon,lukewarm sausages and toast that had been given 10 seconds in the toaster,barely even warm. nobody seemed to care.
At a time when most hotels are striving for business and making that extra effort, this was a management disaster.Our entire experience was a nightmare and wild horses would not get me back to this establishment. It is the kind of place that could get Northern Irish hospitality a bad name. Management have definitely taken their eye off the ball.Big time.
Next time I'm in the area I'll pay a bit extra and stay at the Galgorm Manor ,five minutes and light years away!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
N.Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I recently attended the Annual Business Awards Gala Evening in the Hotel, and was very impressed with everything the hotel and its staff provided to ensure a successful evening for such a large event. The room and facilities are superb, the staff very courteous and attentive without being intrusive, and the food was served to over 400 people on time and good quality.
Its a very good venue for hosting events of every size ( I heard on the evening some praise of a recent dinner for over 800 guests) and with the support avaible during the planning and organising coupled with the standard of service on the evening, I would have no hesitation in using the venue for further corporate events

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Magherafelt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I would like to Thank the management & staff at Tullyglass House hotel for being so helpful at organising our Gala Ball. I would like to mention that anything we needed they helped us with and the service on the night was exceptional. Even though there was two other funtions on elsewhere within the hotel on the same night, everything went really well.
The food and athmosphere was "out of this world".. I couldn't have asked for a better night.
I would reccommend for anyone who is thinking of hosting a Ball or wedding to consider Tullyglass!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Tullyglass House Hotel? Share your experiences!