“The fratelli at galgorm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galgorm Resort & Spa

You added Galgorm Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Galgorm Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Fenaghy Road, Ballymena BT42 1EA, Northern Ireland (Formerly Galgorm Manor)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ballymena
“The fratelli at galgorm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal Tuesday past at the fratelli, for starters we shared a selection of breads as well as prawns and meatballs and after I had pork and my partner had pasta and chicken. The service was top class. The bar man 'Sam' sorted out two absolutely top class cocktails, if the food wasn't enough to bring us back then the drinks were!!!

Only gripe I would have is that the waiters asked us 'Is everything ok?' a few too many times but service, food and drinks were all A+

• Stayed March 2013
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear ciarandevlin 182,

Thank you for kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening at Fratelli. This restaurant has been hugely popular since it's opening last year and compliments Gillies Bar and Griil and the River Room extremely well.
I have passed your kind comments on to the team, and particularly Sam.

I do hope you can return soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pro's:
Lovely Place.
Friendly Staff.
Beautifully decorated.
Spa was beautiful.
Room was beautiful.
They have a little Italian Restaurant - They also have a little 'hut' outside with fairy lights with a big table in the middle. Brillant.

Cons:
None.

Overall: Really brillant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Hello-kitty 19,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Resort. We have gone to great lengths over the last 6 years to develop a quality destination resort with an eclectic mix of facilities to give all our guests a memorable and varied stay. I have passed your kind comments onto the team and hope you can return soon.

Bangor, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband bought me vouchers for the Galgorm for Christmas and we booked the Italian Retreat package for one night in February. I have to say I loved our stay from start to finish!

We had booked a river view room and I am SO glad we did, we were on the top floor and the views were stunning. We had a room just over the hot tub with a view of the gorgeous grounds. We were very lucky that we visited the hotel on a gloriously sunny weekend, this made the grounds even more beautiful.

Our check in was fast and helpful and once we'd got ourselves into the room we were very impressed, it was a great size, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a walk in shower and gorgeous bath. In the early evening we had a call at the door from room service offering a turn down service which I declined but they gave us a mint for our pillows and bottled water which we felt was a lovely touch.

We went out walking round the grounds, they were extensive and beautiful and so well kept. Unfortunately when we went to walk to a certain part it was fenced off with barbed fence which was quite disappointing. After the walk we went for a quick cocktail at the bar before dinner and the barman was so friendly and easy to talk to, the cocktails were magnificent and the atmosphere was so laid back and easy.

We went to Fratellis for our dinner and it was delicious, the staff were friendly and helpful and it had a relaxed atmosphere. We thought as we had booked the dinner as part of a package we would have to eat off a set menu but we were pleasantly surprised that we were free to eat anything. Its safe to say we left that restaurant with very full bellies.

We went down to the spa about 7.30/8.00 the next morning and it was such a great time to go, it had a few people there but wasnt packed. We availed of the hydrotherapy pool, the aroma steam room and the laconium, These were all so relaxing and enjoyable.

The breakfast that was provided was also great, they had absolutely everything you could ever ask for and it was all so delicious and fresh.

I have to say this hotel exceeded all my expectations and I would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 503 and I would highly recommend it as it was the top of the hotel and it ad great...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
dear heeelllooo,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you both enjoyed the Italian retreat package at the resort. You were indeed lucky with regards to the weather, the resort does look very special at this time of year. I am pleased that you were able to visit and experience many aspects of Galgorm. It is so important to us that our guests do make the best of their stay and encourage everyone to spend time in our spa and public areas. Our goal is to exceed expectations and we look forward to doing just that on your next stay.

kind regards

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Spent one night in a log cabin with my mother and sister as a treat for my mother's birthday.cabin was ideal,clean and spacious with ample towels,toiletries,dressing gown,slippers.unfortunately there was a problem with the heating.this was quickly checked out by porter John.Unable to repair it we were moved to another cabin.unfortunately another problem developed 're heating issues so we were moved to a larger log cabin which was amazing.because of these issues we were given a complimentary bottle of wine with our meal and the manager Mark Bowman personally apologised for the inconvenience.the spa and pool facilities are some of the best I have experienced to date.the food in Gillies restaurant was first class as was the breakfast.I was most impressed,however,by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff and the way in which they dealt with issues which were beyond their control,in particular Mark Bowman and John the porter.this was my first time to stay in Galgorm but it most certainly will not be my last.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cmonica,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the resort and were able to celebrate your mother's birthday. May I apologise again for the disruption caused and thank you for your understanding. I have passed your kind comments onto Marc and John. We strive to ensure that every guest leaves with a desire to return, and managing potential issues professionally and with courtesy is key to this. I am glad you enjoyed the many facilities the resort has to offer and we all look forwrd to your next stay.

kind regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our recent stay in the Galgorm Hotel. What made this such a great break? The surroundings were simply fantastic. We had a perfect room combo for our two daughters and ourselves with the wonderful falls outside. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Several times in our stay they went the extra mile. The concierge Mr Paul McGrath was such a fantastic help; showing us around the hotel, providing helpful advice, enabling our girls to settle in; providing gifts and taking the trouble to make sure that there was a DVD player and DVDs for them to watch. Without being asked we were provided with crayons and colouring books during the evening meal. The food both at breakfast and dinner was incredible in terms of both variety and quality. Already our girls are wondering when they can return! Sandra and John

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear John_186470,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay whilst at the resort. We have a number of rooms and facilities that are family friendly and this coupled with the attention to detail provided by staff members such as Paul ensures that everyone young and old have fond memories.
I have passed your kind comments onto Paul and we look forward to your return.

northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently stayed here for my boyfriends birthday I got a deal on their Facebook page which was £124 per night for a superior guest room breakfast and one four course dinner in gillies! I feel relaxed from the moment I enter galgorm. Our room was lovely and on arrival we received cupcakes and wine as it was my boyfriends birthday nice touch! The spa itself is fab love the outdoor hot tub and outdoor pool but busy at 4 after everyone has checked in much nicer first thing in the morning around 7! Dinner in gillies was amazing also loved our dinner in fratelli another fab stay loved every minute!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear zobo1,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to avail of one of our facebook offers...it's great to be friends:). The outdoor hot tub and heated pool indeed offer a unique setting from which to enjoy the views of the River Maine. I have passed your kind comments on to the team and we look forward to you returning to the resort in the future.

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed her for one night and I must say my only regret is not booking for longer. Our room was lovely overlooking the river. Full bar in the fridge!!
We made use of the thermal spa which was soo relaxing. The outdoor jacuzzi is a must.
We had dinner in Gilles - the food and service was excellent.
When we returned to our room we were pleasantly surprised that housekeeping had left bottles if water at the side of our bed as well as a chocolate treat. Nice touch!
Will we be back? Most definitely and for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear ebd 89,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The thermal journey is a wonderful way to unwind and I am glad you were able to experience it. I have passed your kind comments onto the Gillies team and we all look forward to your next, and extended, return.

Operations Manager

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!