“New Year Chill Out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galgorm Resort & Spa

You added Galgorm Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Galgorm Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Fenaghy Road, Ballymena BT42 1EA, Northern Ireland (Formerly Galgorm Manor)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ballymena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Ireland
“New Year Chill Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed just after New Year 2013 to chill out and relax after a busy Christmas. Our stay was also to mark my husband's early retirement. On arrival and having informed the hotel about the retirement, we received a lovely hand written card and cupcakes delivered to our room later that day - lovely touch. That night the fire alarm was accidentally triggered and the hotel apologised by extending breakfast and allowing checkout to be delayed - another generous gesture. Both of these occurrences illustrate the thoughtfulness of the staff in this hotel. Guests are always addressed by staff and the Spa is particularly worth a visit. The staff there are helpful and attentive. We loved the Spa facilities which are especially lovely in the evening when fewer people are about. The food is generous and tasty and in the evening guests can eat in one of three dining rooms depending on your requirements. Galgorm is a superb location for relaxing and if you book a room overlooking the river, the view and the sound of the river is always very worthwhile. This is a super Hotel/Spa and the daily weddings never detract from a relaxing experience for those looking for a quiet chill out! Superb!!!

Room Tip: Mobile phone reception is poor but on the other hand, this can be a bonus!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Brecht56,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have put great emphasis on empowering our staff to highlight and deliver on opportunities to delight our guests and I have passed your appreciation onto the team.
I am glad that you were able to avail of many of the facilities whilst at the resort and hope that you can visit us again in the very near future

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Larne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

stayed here on new years day as a christmas present, the hotel is lovely and has really nice surroundings, the room was very big however was extremely warm as soon as we got into the room we had to open the door and window as there is no air conditioning. we had lunch in gillies and it was lovely, we were on a deal which included a four course meal in gillies, when we arrived for dinner we released straight away how warm it was, i was only able to eat my started and 1/4 of my main as it was far to warm, we ended up having to leave without having dessert, so we ended up ordering room service as are room was a bit cooler as we had the doors open. there was also a wedding on which created a bit of noise between 12-2 am. we decided to have are breakfast delivered to are room as it is served in gillies and we thought it would be to warm to eat in there, breakfast was lovely. overall the stay was very enjoyable and it is a lovely hotel i would defiantly go back but would just hope it wouldn't be as warm!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emmajc89,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. May I apologise for the issue raised regarding temperature. We do have localised controls but may have over compensated for colder days. I have asked our maintenance department to look into this to ensure all is working correctly.

I also hope you will be able to return to the resort in the near future and would ask that you mention this issue when making your reservation. I am sure we will be abe to provide a fully comfortable stay.

Operation Manager
Medway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I got married in August and I have to say the experience was truly amazing throughout our stay. We had travelled from Kent to get married here and from the moment myself and my guests arrived we were treated like royalty- nothing that I asked was too much and the staff were more than happy to help. As for the day itself, the staff were fantastic, amazing food and spending my wedding morning in the hot tub outside was bliss!! My guests all commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and the best hotel they had stayed at. A massive thank you to everyone, and we hope to see you on our anniversary!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dorrien_11,

Firstly, thank you for chosing Galgorm Resort and Spa as the venue for your wedding reception. It was a pleasure in assisting to host this wonderful occassion. Secondly thank you for your very kind comments. We do pride ourselves on the standards that we achieve and it is very uplifting when your guests are commenting on the fact that it was the best they had experienced.

I do hope that you return to the resort this August for your anniversary. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to make the arrangements.

kind regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go here for our wedding anniversary in October
After phoning reservations and constantly getting voicemail I booked it online
I gave my credit card number as it is required online
When we arrived at reception we were met by a blonde haired girl who asked us to hold on as she was on the phone
When I said I was paying cash her attitude change and I was told I could not charge anything to the room and had to pay my balance in full before I even got my room keys

It is clean and te rooms are nice as is the swimming area however the pool is small and the spa treatments are very expensive
The rose petal turn down that we were meant to get never happened as I paid with cash

The food is amazing however again quite expensive

If you have a nice credit card with a nice limit go here however like me if you prefer cash stay well away

• Stayed October 2012
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Mick_devenney,

thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and food during your stay.
May I apologise for any displeasure caused during check-in. It is our policy that, in the absence of a pre authorised credit card, full payment is taken on check-in. This regularly happens so I can wholeheartedly assure you that no aspersions are cast by any our staff. May I also apologise to you regarding your rose petal turndown. Again I can assure you that this omission had nothing to do with your method of payment.

I do hope that in the light of the many positive aspects of your stay that you will decide to return to the resort in the future.

Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here with my partner on 1st December as part of my birthday present.The hotel was very luxurious set in a lovely setting beside the river.A nice touch was that when we arrived at our room the hotel had left me a birthday card on a table.As part of our package we enjoyed afternoon tea and had great service.Later we availed of the spa which we really enjoyed.For dinner we choose the 5-course meal with a complimentry soup from the chef.The service was excellent along with the food.Overall we look forward to returning to this hotel for another pampering session.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mortyni,

Thank you for posting such a kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to celebrate your birthday with us. I have passed your comments onto the team, particularly those in the River Room and Spa.

We look forward to your return

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as my son was getting married here and I have to say it was excellent. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were large and comfortable and the hotel is very clean in all area's. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Davynessie,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Moreover I am delighted that you were able to celebrate your son's wedding with us. Throughout our reviews it is our staff that really stand out and we are immensely proud of them.

I do hope that you can return to the resort in the very near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

we had a one nights stay to attend our best friends daughters wedding. a brilliant venue where they could not do more to help . being disabled they made sure transport was available from the hotel to the venue. the rooms were superb . the breakfast was the best i have ever had. this was irish hospitality at its best. the room also overlooked the river which was panoramic.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a river view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear davantonia,

thank you for posting such a kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the wedding celebration to be of a similar standard. We do encourage our staff to assist our guests by any means at their disposal and I am pleased that you found this to be the case.

I hope that when you are in Northern ireland in the future you can visit the resort again.

Operations Manager

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!