“PLEASANT” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
northern ireland
“PLEASANT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

pub grub very nice but portion size not great left feeling hungry!!! pub itself lovely and clean and staff very polite and friendly. we were on a voucher deal so maybe next time we will try without voucher to see if they up their portion size?

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ballymena, United Kingdom
“birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

had not a table booked they were quite busy but found us a table and food was very good and staff friendly

Visited April 2012
“Great food, but awful at service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I was here only a few days ago for a night out. We had a table book for 16 people. Out meal was to be at half 7, we didn't get it till 9pm, 1 an a half hours late!! So by the time we ate it had desert it was 11pm befour we were finished. Also waiting on a drink at the bar, you cud wait 5 to 10 mins on a drink, that's ok if it's packed but not when you the only 1 standing, I found this to happen 3 times! The food was amazing, can not fault it. The staff were very nice, very pleasant, said thank you eg. Nice place, clean, layed out well. Just the waiting game!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“A nugget of Black Gold in Ballymena.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

After visiting the Giant's Causeway, we were looking for a place to eat. Ballymena on a Sunday evening, did not appear to be "open for business", but by sheer chance we found this little gem of a restaurant.
What a delight to be offered so much choice for myself particularly, (a Coeliac), this was such a bonus. Normally the choice is very restricted, but this was the total opposite!! Nice to feel "normal" for a change!!
The staff were wonderfully attentive and the food was DELICIOUS and beautifully presented !!
I would defy any "top chef" to do better. This restaurant is situated in a side street and could very easily be overlooked. Please look out for it as it is such a wonderful find, not to be missed!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Ireland
“WORM IN MY MEAL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went here with my wife and daughter for lunch on the 12 October 2012. I had scampi and hand cut chips with a salad. I had noticed that the salad leaves looked very dry and flat. I had eaten about two thirds way through the meal when I started to poke with my fork at what I thought was a stalk of a leaf. I suddenly realised that it was not a stalk but a little dead black worm about 3 cms long. I called the manageress and showed it to her. I asked her to take the plate away and remove the remains of the salad and bring back the unfinished scampi which was in a small receptacle. The handcut chips were also in a small receptacle and these were left on the table. After several minutes, she brought back the remains of my meal on a new plate with a fresh helping of tartar sauce. However, the scampi was by now almost cold. She apologised and offered me a drink on the house.

I thought that when I asked for the bill, that the cost of my meal would at least have been deducted. But I was wrong. I have to say that this was my first and last visit to this place.

• Visited October 2012