fantastic picturesque location, about 50 yards from the shoreline. room very well appointed, with views of the mountains and sea. breakfast really tasty plentiful. evening meal obviously cooked by a man or woman who knows their business!!! the hotel is a great base for exploring the beautiful north antrim coastline or belfast about 22 miles south. the old castle part of the tower dates from the time of charles 1 in 1625. we heard and saw plenty of americans and australians who seemed very charmed by the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland